How can I convince my parents for me to have my own car?

I am 19 years old and I don't have my own car. Because I don't have my own car, I have to rely on my parents to drive me everywhere and some people look at me like I'm lazy and not independent because I don't have my own car and it makes me really upset. I don't want people to look at me like I have to rely on my parents to drive me and by getting my own car. My parents won't let me drive their car on my own because they need it all the time and we only have one car. Everyone in my neighborod my age and younger has their own car except for me and it is honestly embaressing for me because I need to drive myself places and not have to rely on my parents to drive me. I got my driver's licence almost a year ago and I still don't have my own car. People in my neighborhood that got their licence got their car right away and some are younger than me. I am sick of tired of people perceiving me as a person who has to rely on my parents to drive me everywhere. I need one to drive myself places and not have to rely on my parents to drive me to school and work. Everyone my age in my neighborhood at my age is driving themsleves to school and work and I have to have my parents drive me there which is embaressing at my age. Why won't my parents get me a car if they know that I suposse to have one at my age so I can be idepenedent and responsible? Whenever I have to walk places or have to take the bus becasue I don't have a car, some people give me and my parents dirty looks because they know that I need a car at my age becasue I need to be independent and responsible and people don't think that way about me becasue I don't have a car. Are my parents wrong for not letting me get a car at my age?

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a job and buy your own car! You want to look responsible and independent then handle your own responsibilities.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cars cost money. Maybe your parents don't have the extra money right now to buy you one. So, instead of expecting them to do it, why not save your own money for that reason? If you still live at home, I'm assuming you don't have many bills to pay and if you have a job, you should be able to start saving up for your own car. If you buy it yourself, I doubt your parents would have an issue with you getting a car.

What Guys Said 4

• Well are you gonna pay for it? If not, there's your reason.

• buy a bicycle.

• Well considering your age, they don't have to buy you anything. Go get a job

• You're 19. What's confusing. Buy your own car like the rest of us.

What Girls Said 5

• why dont you save for your own car instead of demanding your parents pay for one?

its not just the car they have to pay for, they need to pay insurance, MOT, tax, fuel.. not everyone can always afford that for their kids.

• Tell one of your parents to learn you how to drive during the summer break

During the summer break, my dad learned me how to drive by car. He said I learned faster than my brother ^^
    thanks to him I could drive from home to the terrain we practised and if I had to go somewhere, he'd let me drive, and he'd drive off after I walked out.
    And when I was done, he'd come and let me drive back home.

After knowing the basics I went to a driver's school, and after that it was time to drive with my mom (who's easily scared, and didn't trust me at all). Like even if I drove save, she'd be screaming for her life, thinking I didn't see that one person or other car.
    Just drive safe and show them that you can drive, and first they might let you drive under their vision and eventually you can do it alone ^^

• Tell them that if they buy you a car they don't need to drive you around no more or you can get a job and buy it with your own money.

• Try asking for them to contribute towards it and you can pay for the rest through working

• I don't know, my parents bought me one, I haven't asked for them. Just tell them you want