What do you think we can do as Turks, Armenians, Greeks and Cypriots to leave past behind and form friendly relations? Is it possible at all?

What do you think we can do as Turks, Greeks and Cypriots to leave past behind and form friendly relations? Is it possible at all?

I'm a Turk with some ties to Greece (maternal family lived there until 20's) and it makes me sad we just can't fucking get along because of governments' mistakes and past wars.

If I ruled this country, I'd apologize for the Armenian Genocide and get out of Northern Cyprus. That would be great for all of us and our future. We have it really, really bad with Armenians (though they're fine with others) because our dictator doesn't want to admit what we did 100 years ago. This needs to stop.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's very difficult, but it's possible. I'm part of a group that's working to amend relations between the two communities on Cyprus hoping to live on a united island.

Alas we have a problem with narrow minded and vicious Greek nationalists who only know the evils that the Turk has done and not what there own parents and grand parents have done.

• I think everyone has them.

What Guys Said 3

• they r friends now i thought... no?

• Well, some of us like others, it's kinda mixed with Turks and Greeks (I've met some really awesome Greeks who love Turkey) but there's still a lot of hate.

• It's not something that can be solved in one day. It takes a lot of time for that wound to heal...

• I know that. But we can't sit down and wait.

• If the governments and the military of those countries continue to provoke each other, the situation won't change.

• It is not. You are traitors.

What Girls Said 1

• i agree with you.