I called in sick today my job wants a doctors note?

What if i can't get a note for what I told them I had? I have a mild fever, chills, sore throat but I don't have the flu. Could I get in trouble for telling my job i have the flu when I don't? I thought I had the flu but when I got tested I didn't

Most Helpful Guy

• You had symptoms of the flu. You went to a doctor, who indicated it wasn't (I assume they believe it's a bad cold). Based on that I'm assuming you're going to work tomorrow? But to have gone to a doctor's to get that tested before showing up and infecting your workplace with flu is not unreasonable.

The fact you don't have flu doesn't change the fact it was possible, and you didn't spend the day hanging out with your friends, you were AT the doctors.

SHOULD be fine. If there's a bad pattern you haven't mentioned to us where you do this multiple times a month, that would be different.

What Guys Said 4

• can't u go to the doc, and get one? or someone else take u there?

• I already went but I don't have the flu I told my job i had the flu... will I get In trouble

• Just be honest with them - they will understand. If not, they're dckheads and you should quit.

• You would be going to fired land.

• Your job wants the doctors note or your employer?

What Girls Said 5

• get the doctor to give you a note and just tell them you had symptoms you thought was the flu but after telling work and then going to the doctors they said it was something else.

as long as youve been to the doctors and they confirm you are sick you won't be in trouble

• Tell them that it's not severe enough to go to a doctor, but it's bad enough that you have to stay home.

• Your doc will probs lie for you.

• That's right. Doctors are understanding. Just ask him for a note and he will give it to you.

• No you can't get into trouble. As long as actually went to the doctors, you should be fine

• Go to the docters.