Guys and Girls, Do You Think It's Okay To Change The Names Of The Kids You Adopt?

I'll Do That In The Future If I Don't Like Their Current Names... And Their Ages Will Be Like 7 or 8 or 6...

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• Don't know if I would be a fan of that it is like you are disregarding their life prior to the adoption.

• But Their Life Is Starting With Me Now.. Why Should Their Past Matter?

• A 6,7,8 year old will have firm memories of their life so far and it should be acknowledged.

• I would respect them and give them my time and love but what if they had really 'ew' names.. I can't have people say.. 'Is that really his/her name' that would be so embarrassing...

• I think its only ok to do it if they are still a baby when you adopt them. I they already know their names, the it'll be too hard for them to adjust.

• ahhahaha no... guess it's not legal

• i wouldn't be an adoptive parent, i'd rather have my own kids, and if my future wife is infertile then I'd divorce her not adopt. Then next day go look for another girl.
    but infertility is rare but if it happens then yea I'd divorce her
    Don't have a girlfriend right now, but eventually yes.

Regarding if I think it's okay, yea I guess so.

• Yeah, they are your children now, unless they actually like their names.

What Girls Said 5

• I think it's fine.

• It can be okay to.

• I don't think so. Well in Switzerland you are only allowed to change your name if you get bullied for it or have other major issues with it. You wouldn't be able to rename an adopted child because you don't like their names..
    Maybe you can just give them a middle name and that's it?

• It's legal here.

• It depends if it's legal to do it or not.