How important are supplements?

The body I aim for is athletic with a lean bulk, not really a sucker for having six pack abs but a strong core. Also, does reducing body fat improve facial aesthetics? I am at about 16-18% right now

Also I can simply be on an indian diet so nothing fancy non vegetarian apart from eggs and chicken

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah they are crucial as you need to feed your muscles protein immidiatley after training for them to grow.

• but what if i just complete my macros by eating about 10-12 boiled eggs a day for the protein, 2 cups of milk for the carbs and peanut butter and fish oil for the fat, this is apart from the normal diet, can it have a positive effect?

• Keep at it @asker ^_^ and @tokana can probably help you out even more

• @mistninja314 thanks

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think they are that important.

What Guys Said 4

• Supplements are exactly what they are supplements.. yeah i know. They're meant to help you hit a certain amount of nutrients in order to help repair and build muscle. You can get everything you need to bodybuild from simply eating food. However, if you don't have the time, or even the money in some cases to hit your macros (Protein/Fat/Carbs) intake then supplements can play a role in helping you achieve your goals. Here are some major supplements that come to the forefront.

1. Protein

Essential to building muscle. Without adequate protein amounts you will not gain any muscle mass. The goal for a bodybuilder to hit is at least 1g/lb of bodyweight. Hit it every single day.

They are broken down in Protein isolates, and Protein Concentrate.. Isolates being more fast acting (post-workout) while Concentrates are slower (morning/bedtime)

2. Creatine (pure mono-hydrate )

Essential to help with the explosiveness of your fat twitch fibres, allowing you to lift more weights for more reps. They are proven to work, no bs.

3. Others... It can't hurt you and may help you. Is it worth the money? no

Glutamine, BCAA, Amino Acids, PreWorkout,

• MHO, this is useful stuff, i am actually copying it for my reference, thank you

• Give this nigga MHO LOL

• It depends on what you are doing I am they aren't necessary but I won't lie they do help a ton especially if you are on a weird working schedule like me and don't have a lot of time to eat or anything. I personally take 4 supplements a day, a post and pre workout drink, protein shake and 8 pills for specially designed multivitamins that give me my full daily requirements for every vitamin out there.

• u mean protein shakes and stuff like dat?

• Food > supps

And, be careful with Indian diets. Indian food is pretty crappy.