Is it possible to be better at your job then your coworkers cause your autistic?

Not to sound like arrogant or anything but i have aspergers syndrome which is a form of autism and i was wondering if naturally someone autistic is wired differently and can work better then someone normal. My manager told me it would take two associates to replace me

Most Helpful Guy

• no... u were born autistic... u cannot turn autistic during yer lifetime :)

• fuck... misread it

anyway yeah, people wid AS tend to be more focused in their jobs :)

• I just thought it was kinda not fair like i sit back and analyze it like what am i doing so different that they can't do

What Girls Said 2

• It can be possible.

• it's possible.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, I believe it can be helpful, depending on what field you work in. However, not to sound mean but I would never want to trade with you because lacking all those social skills will never compensate the intellectual edge in my opinion.

• My social skills are growing stronger too

• Can you understand irony?

• Yeah i would even go as far to say my interaction with customers is stronger then my sales floor performance which is really good

• Yes. Try programming.

• Im into it field and nursing in healthcare

• It depends on the degree of intensity. Just the right amount of it can be beneficial.

• Yeah because i wonder sometimes why other people can't work at my level not in a arrogant way but legitimately curious

• I have that sometimes. It's actually an effect of Aspergers. We don't understand why people aren't as good or better then us at everything.

• Yeah i dont wanna feel superior i want level Ground

• Possibly. I have asperger's but I get distracted very easily, albeit not by people I work with but just by other things I want to do. But everyone is different.

• Depending on the traits you exhibit and the work you do yes it can give you an edge.

• Yeah cause i get curious why people can't work at my level not being arrogant im legitimately curious

• You're just that much more focused on the task at hand.