Is it possible to be better at your job then your coworkers cause your autistic?

Not to sound like arrogant or anything but i have aspergers syndrome which is a form of autism and i was wondering if naturally someone autistic is wired differently and can work better then someone normal. My manager told me it would take two associates to replace me

0|0
2|6

Most Helpful Guy

• no... u were born autistic... u cannot turn autistic during yer lifetime :)

0|0
    0|0
    • fuck... misread it

anyway yeah, people wid AS tend to be more focused in their jobs :)

• I just thought it was kinda not fair like i sit back and analyze it like what am i doing so different that they can't do

What Girls Said 2

• It can be possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's possible.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, I believe it can be helpful, depending on what field you work in. However, not to sound mean but I would never want to trade with you because lacking all those social skills will never compensate the intellectual edge in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
    • My social skills are growing stronger too

• Can you understand irony?

• Yeah i would even go as far to say my interaction with customers is stronger then my sales floor performance which is really good

• Yes. Try programming.

0|0
    0|0
    • Im into it field and nursing in healthcare

• It depends on the degree of intensity. Just the right amount of it can be beneficial.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah because i wonder sometimes why other people can't work at my level not in a arrogant way but legitimately curious

• I have that sometimes. It's actually an effect of Aspergers. We don't understand why people aren't as good or better then us at everything.

• Yeah i dont wanna feel superior i want level Ground

• Possibly. I have asperger's but I get distracted very easily, albeit not by people I work with but just by other things I want to do. But everyone is different.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on the traits you exhibit and the work you do yes it can give you an edge.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah cause i get curious why people can't work at my level not being arrogant im legitimately curious

• You're just that much more focused on the task at hand.