What is the longest roadtrip in a car that you have taken?

How far have you gone in a car? From where to where? Are you in the US or elsewhere? Longest for me was Detroit to Dallas and back, and, New Jersey to Miami Florida multiple times. Both trips are 1200 miles or 1900km each way.

Most Helpful Guy

• I live in Switzerland. My longest car trip as in "one ride" (with only short, 10-minute breaks in between) was when I was about 13-14. I travelled with my whole family from Zurich, where I live, to Amsterdam (Netherlands), where my aunt comes from. On the map it doesn't seem too far but it still is because you have to cross all the way through Germany. It took about 12 hours and I just remember that my siblings and I were reeeeeally glad when we could finally see the estuary where the Rhine flows into the North Sea.
    The longest car trip I ever took as in "several trips added up to one big trip" was 4 years ago, when I went on a road trip with my best girl friend from New York, all the way down to New Orleans, then across to Texas, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, Arizona and up into California until San Francisco. I don't even know for how many hours or kilometres we were sitting in that car but it was a loooot. But it was okay because we also took 5 weeks to do this, so we always had a couple of days to stop somewhere and have a look.

• Wow, great trips. I would like to travel the west of the US more myself. I have gone from LA to the Grand Canyon to Las vegas and back to LA. I enjoy roadtrips more than just a plane ride but I do both.

• Yeah, I love California in general. I've particularly fallen in love with San Francisco, where I lived for a few months a couple of years ago. I love how the city is big but not crazy big (coming from small Switzerland, everything is big in America ;-)). I also like the mild climate and the fact that the sea is so close. I also really loved New Mexico, in case you haven't been there yet. We stayed in Santa Fe and we went up those mountains to visit the Gila cliff dwellings of the native Americans. That was really awesome. I would love to see more of the American north some time. I would love to go on a road trip maybe from San Francisco to Oregon and Washington and then across the northern states to New York and then up to Maine. That would be amazing. But first I need to earn money again ;-).

What Girls Said 11

• The longest road trip I ever took was from Toronto to Orlando. We did it in two days, but if you were to drive all the way through it would be a 23 hour drive.

• I don't drive, I've been on a road trip by bus
    Two in a half days to get from Texas to Jersey a few times

• Probably down to Virginia. I can't do long car rides. I get carsick.

• From Florida to Michigan. I was very young though, so I don't remember many details.

• I've drove for 10 hours straight and almost fell asleep on the way back home lol

• It can be hard at times. When I left Dallas for Detroit, I pulled into a McDonalds and ordered a large coke and 5 cheesburgers. I didn't stop exect for gas the first day. Every once in a while a would reach over and grab a cheeseburger. Usually I prefer to enjoy the ride though.

• From germany to turkey, almost 3 days!! But fortunately my best guy friend drove!

• Lol, long way. I'll bet that was a trip to remember. A lot of Eastern Europe to go through.

A Brit friend of mine trucked his furniture via a company from Belguim to Turkey and it is all he could talk about he was so in aww.

• Probably Michigan to Canada. I don't know how many hours it took. That was a long time ago.

• About 16 hours to Las Vegas

• my longest road trip was coventry to cologne!!!

• Just about 5 hours.

• 20 hrs from southern USA to New York... It was awful!

• Awful because it was too long? Or the company?

• Lol! Too long... I don't like any long trips where I can't move around too much.

What Guys Said 4

• 0 miles EXACTLY ;)

• The furtherst I've driven is from New Jersey to Quebec City. It's like a 10 hour drive. I usually fly if it's more than a few hours though

• 600 kilometers only inside Greece

• Idaho to Indiana and back. I drive most of it, that was so long.