Is this a fat-shaming song?

Can someone please help me understand this song?

• Yes
  • No
  • Kind of

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a song about having an eating disorder/ body dysmorphia, I don't think it's fat or skinny shaming

"I want to feel my bones on your bones" - not exactly sexy
    "I wear my heartache on my sleeve ", "i wish I had a body to die for", "I am a teenage drama queen, I throw my guts up for self esteem" clearly indicate mental issues and the last quite clearly implies bulimia

• may I add, I think it's interesting that so many people , especially guys think, that clearly obsessive and unhealthy behavior described in the song are normal

What Guys Said 5

• I think it is. And he can't shingles for chit lol

• For one "fat shaming"? What sort of term even is that? Being fat doesn't require shaming, especially since being fat makes your risk of cancer and heart disease and stroke skyrocket.

For two, it is the opposite of the "skinny shaming song" All about that bass.

Slim is sexy, ha

• kinda of... although he might've lacked of inspiration atm LOL

• Not sure, but what I'm sure of is that his annoying voice gave me Ebola.

• I wouldn't say fat shaming so much as the dude just wrote a song about his personal preference of "no fat chicks".

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think so. To me, it sounds like he has an eating disorder and when he sings "Skinny is sexy, big isn't beautiful" it applies to his disordered thoughts that only apply to him!

• However I find it quite offensive how in the end he said "Sweet anorexia"..

• I think so too

• Yeah, it is...

• Pretty nasty song. I think he's mocking anorexia and bulimic. I could be wrong though...

• Mocking as in lots of men and women out there are obsessed with having a perfect body no matter what the cost.

• Hmm maybe

• Or it could be some sick propaganda garbage for pro Ana.

• Is this some pro anna kind of shit?

• What is that?

• Oh that is not acceptable :o

• Indeed! I've read some topics on those sites a long time ago,... Really horrible! I don't understand they don't take them down