Should testing of unborn children be restricted to traits that are commonly considered deleterious, such as disease genes?

Hi. I've been recently studying the Human Genome project. The Human Genome Project (HGP) is an international scientific research project with the goal of determining the sequence of chemical base pairs which make up human DNA, and of identifying and mapping all of the genes of the human genome from both a physical and functional standpoint. It remains the world's largest collaborative biological project. While studying, I stumbled upon a survey, and the question above was one of the questions asked. What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• not at all... i see it pointles t be restricted :)

• Testing should not be legally restricted.

• Nah, why not test for everything if you can? lolz

• It is a pandora's box, I think people will have designer babies. the morals 50 from now would shock even the , ost liberial people today (and it is those people that are laying the groundwork for 50 years from now ).

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like the Divergent series in the making and that went all types of fucked up and wrong real quick :/

• BURN IN THE DEEPEST PART OF HELL IF YOU MAKE YOUR MEDICAL ADVANCES ON THE UNBORN... TOTALLY EFFING DISGUSTING.

• Uhm.. you do understand these "scientific advances" as you call them are carried out on embryos, not actual unborns. An embryo is a collection of about 2-20 cells. It doesn't have a heart or lungs. It doesn't scream or poop, it's just a bunch of cells. If you are against genetical research on embryos, I hope you will never in your life kill a fly or a bug or a leave of grass for that matter because all of those things are biologically thousands of times more advanced/complex than a human embryo 5 days after the fertilization of the egg.

• It's a life. No matter what lies you tell yourself at night... You are disfiguring and mutilating a human life. BURN IN HELL.

• yeah I think so!