So how do I overcome bitterness, anger, and depression?

Partly because I always been single and incapable of getting a relationship but also more than that I'm in a dark time in my life I'm stuck in a rut.. I've always had a rough life

Most Helpful Guy

• I am sorry you feel that way. I will tell you what I think and it may not appeal to you at all, but keep in mind that none of it is fact-based or researched, merely my views and observations.

- First step is acceptance. People are obsessed with happiness that they cannot handle any form of sadness or tragedy in their lives. I think happiness is overrated and it is often nonexistent among intellectual people, particularly those with a strong conscience.

- Stop victimizing yourself because it is very easy to do. You have standards and aspirations and that's what is dejecting you. It is not wrong to dream or hope for a better life, it is only wrong to convince yourself that this is how life must be and right NOW.

- If you catch yourself comparing your life to others', remember to choose wisely. Don't always look upwards, and always remember that there are people who have much harder than you do. Maintain a good balance in your comparisons, if you are that type of a person.

- My view on life is very gloomy and realistic. I do believe that it is a grim, painful, horrifying and nightmarish experience. We are surrounded by suffering. It exists everywhere, we just choose to neglect it so we can actually live ourselves. To be happy is to tell yourself some lies and deceive yourself. If grasping this reality is too much for you, then you are not fit enough to survive. Nothing is about you, or me, or anybody for that matter. Life is not designed to make us happy.

- From my humble experience, I can guarantee to you that nothing remains the same. Everything must change at some point. Live for tomorrow. Do what you can and keep your head down. And to end with a cliche: “Nothing works, but everything works out.”

Best of luck to you. : )

What Girls Said 6

• Not to sound mean but don't throw yourself a pity party or stop throwing yourself one. Your probably bitter and angry because you only dwell on the negative. When you only dwell on that it's hard to see the positive and this does show when trying to get in a relationship. People pick up on these kind of things and for many it's a turn off. You also don't want someone only being with you because they feel bad. Start doing things for yourself , be a little more ambitious , optimistic and take some risks and know whether they go well or not it's always for the better. I know it's cliche but what doesn't kill you , makes you stronger. Let yourself grow and become a better person because of your hardships. And when you do you'll attract the right person. You can't expect to be able to really love someone and be in a healthy relationship when you carry around a lot of baggage and don't really love your life or yourself. Love yourself than find someone to love. Confidence attracts people.

• Well only if you knew my situation? Tell me what is positive in my life? I don't think you know what I've been through or am going through not expecting you to care and I don't need sympathy just answers

• No I don't know. But I do care , if I didn't , I wouldn't have commented trust me. We all have our shit , we all have our baggage. It's our own choice what we do with it. I'd be more than to listen to your situation and help you if I can. Sometimes we just need people to listen.

• You have to keep being positive! This too shall pass =]

• Love yourself. Realize that being single isn't the worst thing in the world.

Surround yourself with positive people. Fuck all negativity.

• " Fuck all negativity."

How can he do that, he hasn't been able to fuck anything

ZING!

(I do feel for ya though @above_quality2015, I feel the same way most of the time, I hope you get through this)

• How do you overcome it? Up to you. Believe that you can. Appreciate your life and do something to make it better from where it is right now. We all go through something in our life and we either let it break us or make us.

• Well it's true being single makes anyone rather bitter and depress. You somehow remind me of my older brother who to this day is still single and still bitter since he turned 12

• Meet new people surround yourself with happiness.

What Guys Said 6

• being in a relationship isn't everything broooooooo

anyway can't u focus on other things u like doing?

• I know that it's just something I crave I can't help wanting it and it makes me bitter when it doesn't happen

• Take a myers-briggs test, get your personality type, find out what hobbies those people like best and immerse yourself for a while in it.

• hang in there bro i am also in a very hard time but you must resist and fight for yourself believe in yourself you will get through it

• What do you want out of life dude? What are some things that you want?

• a relationship would only hurt you and your partner like now. praying, meditating, itrospection, isolate your self in nature for a couple of days. set your priorities straight. and alll will be good.

• Believe in yourself!