Why do creationist site creation websites to disprove evolution?

Does the phrase "credible source" mean nothing?

0|0
1|6

Most Helpful Guy

• Creationists are very religious and try to hold on to the idea that there is a God because evolution in a way suggests that we werent created by an almighty creator. They have suggested things like the eye is too complex for it to have evolved and that it is a design of an almighty creator. They suggest this because there is little proof of its origin and scientists have been trying to locate the first mutated gene that led to the evoltuonary of the eye. This was the theme of the movie 'I Origins'. But anyway i do think that the eye evokved from light receptive cells which still can be seen in modern day species such as some wroms and sea creatures. Light receptive cells also have evolved into oter things oter than the eye such as camouflage cells on chameleons and octopii. Also light emitting cells of angler fish and many deep sea creatures. I think creationists just have a hard time believing in evolution because it goes against their religion which is a deep part of their belief system.

0|0
    0|0
    • We basically know how eyes evolved, which is how you described them. The evolution of the eye isn't all that complex, they just try to make it so.

• Show All
    • No, others do, it's known as a flagellum, sperm have them as well as many other single called organisms.

• Oh really. Ok i thought that sperm just waggled their tails or whatever. I didn't realise they actually spin it around like a ball bearing.

What Girls Said 1

• it means nothing.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Actually, what they want to do is force you to make a choice between the two, hoping that this will corner you into committing to blind faith. It is called the "wedge" strategy and was developed by the Discovery Institute, which is at the hub of the intelligent design movement.

In truth, there is no dichotomy between evolution and creationism. God may have simply used evolution as a tool for perfecting human kind and other species. Observing nature is likely to promote your belief in both. The scientific proof for gradual adaptation is undeniable. On the other hand, who could look at all this beauty and believe it occurred by accident.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they make it up as they go along

0|0
    0|0
  • They aren't very smart...

0|0
    0|0
  • The fear of cognitive dissonance.

0|0
    0|0
  • God had PMS when he created creationists so it didn't go to plan.

0|0
    0|1