When you think of Canada, what first comes to mind?

Time for Canada!

Calling all Canadians of GAG!

@ThisGurl @selfishstars @Illusive_Man @BlueSJ @meatballs21@electromagnetic @musicbrain5 @Kris85 @mei0313 @chocolateismylover

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 40

• I think of home and what a great country this is! :D

There's a fair amount of Canadians on here, which is nice. @douride2 @Watermelonoma @JSmuve @kheserthorpe @Betwyn @lace1228 @Metlahead

• South Park.
    vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest
    Hockey.
    Maple Syrup.
    Eh (Apparently, some Canadians get pissed if you jokingly say this... LMAO. I had one dumbass tell me that NO Canadian said it... and then one of my Canadian friends said it... haha).

• Where half my family lives. lol
    My grandpa left Canada when he was 18 and came out to here and met my grandma.

It is his birthday today, he is 82! :)

• Hmm.. what first comes to mind.

You could prolly ask me this question 100 times and get 90 different answers depending on the moment.

For right now, I'm going to go with diversity.

• I'm really generic but really honest when I say maple leaves.

Beyond that split second initial thought, I think of nice people with accents I can almost never place. I think of my neighbors to the north :)

• Oh! I am mentioned in Canada's question too! xD
    Well, I think of the beautiful nature and the snow and the cold weather. I also think of the kind people from all over the world that I have met here so far. ^_^

• Yes, you do live there now after all ;D

• Yeah, I feel I am a part of a great community. It is a nice country in general. I wish I came here earlier when the situations were way better though.

• Snow!!! I HATE SNOW. Everything else is amazing though.

• Degrassi! I was obsessed with that show.

• It's a very rare occasion when I refer to Drake as anything other than "MC Jimmy Brooks." Just glad to see him up and walking again.🚶🏾👍

• That was a nasty fall for sure. I also saw him body the entire city of Houston in Game 3, haha. Kid is stupid nice. His handles, combined with his shot... forget about it. Talking that shit at the fans too, haha. Nothing will top Paul Pierce the other week though.
      "Did you call bank?"
      "I called GAME!"😂😂😂😂

• @WhiteSteve lol yeah that's a baddd ballplayer right there man. And Paul Pierce is my man, 100 grand! Miss him in green and white.

• First thing that comes to mind. Canadians.

• 0|1
  • DEGRASSI the tv show!
    or Nolan Funk

• @Illusive_Man and @JSmuve

• Yes, my dear?

• Things got friggen tense here hahaha

• We're finished Linky so no need.

• Canadian guys love me, I dated most guys from There. I love Canada and people from there well most of them are really respectful

• My next vacation. I have always wanted to visit Canada

• I think of myself lol

• Pamela Anderson, Asians, the French and Vancoover

• Is it bad that when I think of Canada I just think of the word Canada?

• Nice people and maple syrup.

• Meeee!! <3 <3
    And when I think of Canada I think of Maple. Yum yum in my tummy tum

• maple syrup :)

• I think of snow, lots of snow. And shovels.

• Cold weather and the Canadian flag

• Hockey even though I'm not a fan of it hah :)

• Canadian bacon.

• Degrassi and Ryan Gosling

• Snow, poutine, yellow knife, snow day, hockey and friendliness :D

• Hahaha I love it here! Its great! :D

the word ''eh'' lmao

• @Illusive_Man 1st thing come in my mind

• I think of free health care and 'eh'

• How people there are nice :)

• More from Girls
    10

What Guys Said 49

• I was born and still live in Ontario, Canada. Along with my family we have travelled to both sides of the country, through every province. We have a beautiful country. many different people, many immigrants, sometimes it feels like a melting pot.

When I think of Canada I guess the things that come to mind mostly are the sights I saw when my family and I travelled through Canada. there are incredible scenery throughout Canada. I have been whale watching near Nova Scotia, was on top of a glacier and drank water that was melting from the top of the glacier. I have seen some incredible animals that I usually don't see in Ontario.

I also think of all the amazing music that has come out of Canada. Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, The Tragically Hip, April Wine, Bahamas, Feist, Rush

so many more.

we do have an amazing country, but it could always be better. right now we have an absolutely shit right wing Prime Minister and his terrible party that was voted in. stephen harper. Sure every politician has there bad moments, but he is probably the worst prime minister we have ever had. here is a website showing some of the bad stuff he does.

http://www.shd.ca/

I don't believe you are that interested in the last part, but maybe you are, no big deal if you don't look at it.

• My ace homey @Kris85 and "BAHrry MelrOHse" talking about "gOHls agAINst AHverage." Best Canadian accent EVER.
    thecollegevoice.org/.../Melrose11.jpg

• I always think of the tundra and the beautiful landscapes.

www.juddpatterson.com/.../canada_72.jpg

• Homofascism in certain towns. Parents not allowed to raise kids to think right, free of harassment from those with a self-excusing agenda. Internet moonbats that make their US counterparts look tame, and that's saying something. But lots of Asians, and that part's pretty cool. Peaceful demonstrators realizing that there is no such thing as a First Amendment in Canada.

Yeah, the ugly side of Canada hits my Facebook newsfeed.

• No such thing as the First Amendment here because it's not the USA, lololol. We do have the right to free speech, peaceful assembly and protesting, and freedom of the press. But overzealous protesters and police officers are ruining that for everyone.

• Just keep in mind that there was that one sect of Jews that were run straight out of Canada. Simply for their belief in homeschooling and other alternate forms of education, they were smeared from here to the moon, Canadian press even going so far as to slander them the "Jewish Taliban" for disagreeing with Statist views on education. Many of them tried to flee to Caribbean nations to start over. Only some of them were allowed to stay. The ones sent back to Canada feared their children would be abducted.

Then again, there was that German family that feared such persecution in Germany, that fled to the US and was doing just fine until Eric Holder said they had to go back to Germany. So America's not far behind on being just as bad. So glad Holder is gone. The guy was absolute scum. Though, I fear Loretta Lynch will be no better.

• Where's your news source for all of this anyways?

• I can easily re-call the plethora of different cultures, languages, the down town Toronto area, the smell of poutine, having to be forced to speak French and failing at it in full colours, prepping for the damn cold months, the smell of fresh maple syrup just past St. Catherines, YTV and the PJs, Jumbo video before the damn Rogers, and more importantly CARRIBANA!!! MALTON SON! hahaha then I moved to LA.

• Park Rangers, Canadian bacon ( which isn't even bacon... the lies ) the word eh, weed smokers ( I know a ton of people who live in Canada that are avid weed smokers so that is where that comes from ) a surprisingly hearty military force, beautiful nature and wide open spaces, also the TV show Heartland lol, o and maple syrup of course.

• We don't even call it Canadian bacon here, lol. I'd love to know why it's called that in the US, since it's not exclusively Canadian. It's just called back bacon here. It is bacon since it contains the pork belly, but also leaves the loin attached and the curing process is different. When it's been rolled in cornmeal, it's peameal bacon.

• Jesus christ how many lineages do you have?
      French , Scottish and now gypsy.

• @Illusive_Man the gypsy side comes from my great, great, great grandmother who came from Czechoslovakia

And all of my lineages are

German
      Welsh
      Czechoslovakia ( mostly )
      Scottish
      French
      Hungarian ( mostly )

Then my actual family name hails from Pembrokeshire Ireland were in ancient times they held a seat on the high council before spreading across Europe and into the U. S. later on.

Don't think I am missing any.

• Home sweet home.

• Maple leaf, hockey, Dudley Doright! lol

• but I'm not Canadian lol (yet), I'm just an international student.

• I think blame Canada blame Canada their not even a real country anyway.

• Toronto
    Cold weather
    The second biggest country with a population of 35 million only
    Nice and quiet people in general

• @Kris85

:p

• Been there Awesome country side

• 0|1
  • Home sweet home, that I was away from for far too long.

• That song from South Park, "Blame Canada!"

• my home country =) Love, peace, and perfect bliss

• As for me, it is its gambling industry. I like casinos in Canada really a lot. Did you know that it has a really interesting gambling history? I'd like to recommend you to read the article on it on casinomonster.ca/history-of-gambling-in-canada/ webpage if you like gambling or casino games

• Cold winters, immigrants, snooby women, weak currency, strong economy, the words, 'sorry' and 'eh', valley girl talk, harper, .

• Cold. Wilderness. Crazy old men who want to turn tourists into walruses. Just kidding about that last one. I'd love to live in Toronto for its filmmaking environment

• I just saw a move being filmed in downtown toronto. Its everywhere now.

• Maple syrup and hockey.

• Maple leaf
    Hockey
    Maple Syrup

• Niagra Falls, Poutine, Tim Hortons, Friendly People. Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Manitoba, Quebec

• Hockey comes to mind and thanks bebos

• Couple hours north of me and fishing

• Jim Carrey and maple syrup

• Howdy neighbors!!

• Bacon, Milk bag, Niagara Falls and a greater variety of Cultural Diversity.

• More from Guys
    19