Would I be considered a spinster?

29, virgin, never had a boyfriend. Don't date. Not religious. Have a cat. Make good money and own my own home.

Most Helpful Guy

• In years past, yes, but also, in years past, you wouldn't have had a well paying job with your own own; very few women had that generations ago. In today's world, the only thing that is surprising here is that you NEVER had a boyfriend. You didn't mention whether you wanted one or not. For all I know, you are asexual.

So, do you want a boyfriend / husband or family?

By the way, actress Elizabeth Wilson just died. She was 94 and a rather good looking woman even in her late 40s. She never married, but had a very successful career as character actress.

What Guys Said 8

• Sounds cool

• Wait till you are 59 before you start thinking the word spinister.

• You sound like a very lucky person. I don't know what a spinster is, but I'm guessing that is bad... so no. If it is good, then yes.

• Yes, I'm a virgin had 2 ex gfs so i feel for you

• You sound fine to me! Not everyone needs or wants a mate to be satisfied in life.

• I'm the same way except I don't own a house or have a kitty 😭

• O, and I'm not a virgin, though I *am* pretty socially inept (which is waaaay worse)

• I always find it more shocking to hear of women like this than I hear of men

• I like the sound of a spinster then!

What Girls Said 5

• Pffft sounds more like my new best friend XD

Seriously though I don't think there is such thing as spinsters anymore. It sounds like you have an awesome life. Don't let antiquated ideas hold you back from pursuing your own life.

• I'm not sure what a spinster is exactly lol. But there's nothing wrong with being how or who you are, since you already make good money and own your own home, you already have everything together before dating, sounds good to me.

• At 60-80 yeah...

• Sounds like me :O

• What is a spinster?