Does age really define maturity?

Most Helpful Girl

• To some degree. With age comes more experiences, hence more wisdom.

What Guys Said 6

• The easy answer is to say no, as maturity at a given age varies. But I'll go the other way or the sake of argument.

With more life experience, comes a certain wisdom about the world. Play trivial pursuit with an old man if you don't believe me. Even if he's barely literate, he's seen so much go by in his life that he can forget half of it and still know the world better than almost all twenty-somethings that think they've figured it out. Through sheer experience he'll put together a working knowledge of what has surrounded him in his time on earth.

• No I don't think so. Age is a number but maturity/respect is earned.

• No, I have seen some people who are matured before the legal age and some people who aren't matured enough after the legal age.

• no, but as time pass experience is gained... so it depends how much experience you gain.

• No way it does. This site is proof. So many of the "adult" users still behave like children.

• I am a prime example to the contrary!

What Girls Said 8

• LOL not at all. i can name users here who are older than me and talk to me like theyre still in high school.

• I personally don't think so. My guy friend is 16 and is seriously one of the most mature people I have ever met. I think it all depends on what you've gone through and how you've delay with it. Some adults are so immature and some teens and children are super mature.

• I don't believe so because my grandpa found a discipline chart when I was younger and told me that he knew a couple of geezers that could use the same advice! :P

• Legal age doesn't really necessarily define an approved maturity. But its a general indicator for getting a feel of it when we need to know esp when someone describes a person and their problems.

• No, definitely not. I've known 40 year olds who act like they're 10. And children who were mature beyond their age.

• Not necessarily, but with age comes more experience most of the time.

• It kinda does and doesn't.

• Not always