Why is it that everyone is telling people to live for themselves rather than others?

When people have both to live for they need something to live for other than themselves because living to make yourself happy won't work. Trust me it doesn't. what are your thoughts please let me know

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course we know we have to live in a way that is accepted by society.
    If we didn't we would be in constant trouble with people and the law.
    What people mean by that quote is that,
    You shouldn't allow the world to dictate your happiness.
    Do the things that you ENJOY to do.
    Because in this world you DIE alone.
    So, why not do something that benefits you?
    Something that you have a passion and love for?
    If you Only do things to make other people smile... and not yourself,
    you will lose your own happiness.
    Because true happiness, comes from within (a state of being contented with who you are as a person, including imperfections and great achievements).

• No trust me on this if you make it you life mission to be a servent for other people and God you will be happy

• Why is my beliefs wrong? Hence the word "belief" and not a fact.
      You should be more open to those different than you.
      With that being said

• I will end our discussion

What Girls Said 3

• It's okay to want to make other people happy, and it's okay to extend whatever happiness you have to others. But when ultimately (in my opinion) you have to live for yourself. You have to -focus- on making yourself happy because life's too short to be anything but.

• But if you make it you life mission to be a servent for other people and God you will be happy

• 'm sorry if I've offended I'm just trying to let people know that they need God and from what you've said to me it seems like you're saying that you need to do more than serve God to be happy oh and paul got his strength from God not himself so we all can have the same strength

• It's great you're trying to spread God, His love, and Jesus' teachings to others. But you can do so in a way that isn't offensive. You don't throw in "you don't know about God" or "you'll go to hell".

and I never said we need more than God.

we can all draw strength from God, but we're not all physically or emotionally capable of the same things. Some people have mental disabilities. Others are emotionally conflicted. We're not all the same.

• Well, sometimes you have to choose your own happiness. Not always though.

• From what I've learned you need to choose what God wants rather than what you want. If you do that you will be happy

• I'm sorry if I've offended I'm just trying to let people know that they need God and from what you've said to me it seems like you're saying that you need to do more than serve God to be happy

• Sorry wrong commenter

• BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN LIFE AND THEY NEED TO LIVE IT BEFORE ITS OVER

What Guys Said 6

• Yes trust the bellow 18 year old. Sorry kido, you need some more life experience. It's not necessarily bad to live for others, but you have to be sure they'd do the same for you. The day I stopped trying or caring about making others happy is the day I started feeling so much happier.

• I'm not say live your life the way they want you to I mean live the way God wants you to by being a servant

• Hey you follow your way and I will follow God's and in the end we will see who comes out on top

• Oh but before I gave you that little spiel you were so content on trying to convice me and others that your way is the best. Now that I've threatened your way you back away like a coward. Good for you.

PS I'd love to be there when you die and realize you lived your life based off a fantasy, that will be hilarious.

• actually most people become happier when they live for themselves ;)

• No I'm sorry your wrong on that most people become happier when they choose to live for others and God and be a servant to them

• You have to take care of yourself first. It's then good to help others and have a higher cause.

• Trust me on this if you follow this outline you will be happy God first then parents and then friends

• Being other people's servant gets exhausting.
    And why should I trust you about how life should be lived when you've barely lived it?

• I think it should be a balance. Love yourself and love others. Think about what they think. Imagine yourself in their shoes. What would you feel like if your friend suddenly became selfish and insensitive?

• You live for others then. Who's gonna live for you?