Isn't it "stupid" to get more than a C (grade) in every subject?

Think about the Pareto rule: you achieve 80% of the results with 20% of the efforts.

I notice this in my studies. I can get a C (or more) in school easily, only form my curiosity, I mean natyrally. If I keep studying to get As, I feel like it isn't worth it.
Isn't it better to do something else instead of trying hard to get As?

• I agree
  • I don't agree

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're in college it probably doesn't matter, but in high school it does.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 10

• Your high school grades can determine what happens after high school. C's will not get you the best colleges, and with the competition now, it may not get you into any. and it will certainly not get you financial assistance for college.

If you choose to not go to college and go straight to work, the only résumé you will have is your high school work, and it will tell potential employers that you were lazy and didn't do your best, and there goes that job.

I did not study too hard and got excellent grades. Some classes I had to put in a lot of effort, but most were so easy I coasted and got A's. But I always had in mind the good grades. I graduated with honors. It is not hard for most people to put in the effort to get impressive grades.

• Then you are labeled as someone who just does enough to get by. lazy. Who wants to put any trust in you? You should put all your efforts in whatever you do. if you still get C's then at least you know you did your best. If you settle like that you will settle your whole life

• I don't agree, because I used to get Bs and As with minimal effort (studying for a test only for like an hour total, still got max scores).

I guess you just need to learn how to study more efficiently.

• The real world doesn't work this way for employment. by the way, what is this "Pareto Rule" you discuss? I know what Pareto Optimality is, but I've never heard of this alleged "rule".

• If you have a clearly defined goal and are working towards it with all your energy, then do whatever.

If however you are using a theory to justify laziness--then do your Damn homework, lol ;)

• relax... grades aren't everything.. wot it matters is if u pass :)

• You have to get at least Bs in most graduate programs.

• Just send you teachers nudes

• In general, I would agree. Unless you plan to do more schooling, nobody cares what your GPA is.

• Pff. I did absolutely fuck all at school and hardly ever showed up, I got a mixed bag of A's, B's and C's. None of it means anything until you get to Uni.

What Girls Said 8

• This is actually ridiculous... Good grades is the basis of the rest of your life.

• Depends what you want to do with your life... personally I study but that's just me

• Why settle for the bare minimum? With that mentality you won't get far.

• it depends on what you want to do really!

• Uh... As are given out for a reason. It means you actually understand the subject.

• I don't agree, try to get an A or at least a B.

• I disagree... I think that with that attitude you might turn lazy

• I agree haha!