Is there REALLY any proof of God?

inb4 EVERYTHING AROUND YOU IS PROOF OF GOD!!

I was reading a religious text and it said that happiness and sadness result from attachment and desire (which are bad), so we should not rejoice when good is done to us NOR lament when bad is done to us. This is the way to freedom.

Err..

So you desire to be free? Are you also attached to freedom? lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• I never saw anything that would reverse my decision not to believe in God.

What Girls Said 5

• There is no proof God exists but I have faith because I've seen miracles occur and too many coincidences where things have went my way. I don't think this world would create itself out of nothing, I personally think there has to be a higher power. That's my opinion though.

• You know you're lying to yourself and consequently to everyone else too. That's just my opinion though. Most ancient myths have been dispelled as of 2015.

• People should be discouraged from being delusional and thus from having "beliefs"

• @Asker Good point. I don't believe outer space exists, since that's just a stupid belief someone made up. After all, just because there are photo of it, doesn't mean it's proof right in front of my face ;)

• There's not been any evidence so far that has made me think enough to contemplate God's existence.

• I believe in one God and that is the only God that has ever existed in my eyes. The bible is plenty of proof for me!

• Oh come on...

• Anytime! :) Don't be sad though!

• hahah...

• there is no proof.

• Nope.
    Only imagination, faith, and circular reasoning.

There is zero proof that can not be easily and/or already has been torn apart with logic and fact.

• Indoctrination at it's finest.

• Or just instinct to take the "side" of your race and your people.

What Guys Said 11

• I was going to answer your question seriously but since all you've done is went around and bad-mouthing people for their opinion and judged everyone, not to mention you still remain anonymous. I'm now convinced you're a troll.

I must say, you did a good job. It wasn't too obvious really. Just try a little harder next time. Trolling really is an art :)

• You're making the assumption that these "religious texts" are actually the word of God, instead of just things some human wrote one day in the name of this God.

• Yes, under the assumption that this said God exists. But if there is no proof for this mentioned God, then it's derivative assumption also becomes "proofless".

I know it's all bullshit written by men.

• No, of course not. Some people attribute luck to predestination, and predestination to an external entity of guidance, and that external entity to what's easily accessible based on what your parents taught you from the early ages.

Some people say it's fate, some people say it's God. There isn't really a key difference other than the institutionalized centralization of beliefs, and how the Church leeches money based off of that.

• But it's not just about money, no? What about staying true to your family and your people?

• @Mesonfielde Relax, he's a troll. It's obvious at this point. We all know this is probably a 16 year old high school dropout with no job and nothing better to do.

• @CincinnatiRedsfan I'm 150% relaxed and calm O_o

• My belief is basically what @MalloryMalloy said. I know I can't prove that God does for a fact exist, but I've had plenty of experiences in my own life where I felt that God answered my prayers and was there for me. Plus I can not believe that every single thing in the universe was created "by accident".

Now, just because I believe in God doesn't mean that I reject science either. I am open-minded enough to know that there has been substantial proof that evolution is real.

• If downvoting me for expressing my belief will make you all feel all high and mighty, go ahead. Enjoy your little euphoria while it lasts.

• Everybody wishes that certain things would happen and sometimes they do happen. That isn't really an argument in support of God's existence. In fact, it suggests that you might be "supporting" God just because you were born into a certain family.

Of course, this is a general argument. Let's suppose that you chose your religion even though you were born into some other faith or atheism. It's still very rare and a deceptive argument. The voice of reason considers all the possibilities and that of there being a god/gods is slim to none.

Don't get your feelings hurt. That's just how it is. The acceptance of the Theory of Evolution as scientific fact has left little room for such backwardness in the modern world.

• no proof bout god's existance yet :(

• No proof. Until I see someone walk on water or turn water into wine I'm not satisfied.

It's all well and good claiming these 'miricles' happened, but without proof it is a mere myth to me.

• Of course there is no real proof of God,
    some people who aren't that evolved still believe in that fiction though.

• Most of the time they've been stopped from evolving. Education is a necessary step in slowly ridding the world of its backwardness.

• The proof I have is intangible but very real to me. Things that have happened in my life.

• Ummm... no there is no proof.

• There is no definitive proof either way.

• yes i am god

• I guess people couldn't take that joke. lol