If a African or black British person went to live in American, would they call him a african/american?

Updates:
Basically i'm just curious because americans like to call black people in america, "african americans"

Which is correct, but what if you was black nigerian or black jamaican or British and you went to america?
Basically im asking how would the news or police would describe a black male, that has commited a crime or something...

would they call him africa, regardless of knowing his nationality

0|0
4|10

Most Helpful Girl

• The African would be specified by his country or ethnic group. Ex: Nigerian or Hausa.

The black British person usually has African or Caribbean roots so they'd go by his country so probably call him Jamaican British or something
    They wouldn't be called American anything since that's not where they're from. They are just a British person living in America

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I think many people would simply call them Black unless if they could tell or knew where they came from. Then it would be British. (And that goes for all races).

1|0
    0|0
  • Not all black people are African Americans. I think if you are African and you live in American. You'd be called an African American.

0|0
    0|0
  • probably yeah.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• I don't think so - I think you have to be born in America to be African American

0|0
    0|1
    • No but i mean say if a black British guy went to america and robbed a shop? how would they cops radio eachother

would they describe him as a African american?

• Thought term was black these days.

• In those instances I think it would be most accurate to just refer to their race as black.

0|0
    0|0
  • no... afro-british better

0|0
    0|0
  • I never call black people African Americans... If they tell me where they are from (i. e. Nigeria, Jamaica, Haiti, etc.) then I call them that. If they don't know where they are from, I call them black.

1|0
    1|0
  • I would say he's black.
    I don't like the term African American applied to all black people.
    PC piece of crap language.

0|0
    0|0
  • Even if its not correct, yes people would call him an African American.

0|0
    0|0
    • But that is retarded? I would be offended, black British people come from jamaica and rhe carribean, not africa

• I think they would call them just black

0|0
    0|0
  • Not once they heard him speak.

0|0
    0|0
  • He'll be called African British I guess if he has citizenship of Britain.

0|0
    0|0
  • That wouldn't surprise me! lol

0|0
    0|0