I'm 24 .. Do you think its selfish that I want to backpack through Europe alone for 1.5 months even though I know it'll stress my parents out a lot?

Is it selfish?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Not selfish at all. This is the age to do that kind of stuff. Your parents will miss you, yeah, but I'm sure they know you're capable of taking care of yourself while you're travelling. Keep in contact with them so they don't have to worry about you.

What Guys Said 5

• I am 23 from the US and have been in Europe for almost a year now for grad school... granted I live in the UK, but I have had a fair amount of travels. My parents were sad, sure. but they trust me. I am a guy though and I have never gone places without a friend. So I could see that effecting their actions...

• I don't think so. Its great your parents care so much about your well being, but it's your life to live and if you want to see the world then you should be free to do that without worry. Just reassure them your ok and make sure to always stay in contact with them in order to help them feel less stressful.

• yer life yer rules 8)

• no, you are 24 for evils sake! its selfish from their side

• i wouldn't say selfish but potentially dangerous.

What Girls Said 6

• It's not selfish!

• Did found find someone to go with. Perhaps that's the compromise here?

• You are 24!! you have to fly the nest!

• Not selfish at all so you much YOLO!

• It depends. Are they financing your trip? Is this negatively impacting them in any way?

• No, I am paying for it entirely by myself. The only negative way it's impacting them is their mental health.

• Oh, then go for it. Every parent is bound to be worried when their kid starts tackling life on their own. They can't keep you in shackles forever. I think it'd be quite the memorable experience travelling through Europe!

• Kinda but, kinda not.