80s pop/synth-pop/blue-eyed soul bands…. only Blow Monkeys were known though, and Go West a little bit.
Savage Progress were an 1-album band, but this album was an underrated synth-pop classic. My Soul Unwraps Tonight was a minor hit though.
Go West’s debut was gr8 as well…. more synth-poppish and not so “jazzy” as their latter recordings…. and my fav by BM, would b “She Was Only A Grocer’s Daughter”. Their house-ish “Whoops! There Goes The Neighborhood” was nice as well :)
- Celebration (Savage Progress)Vote A
- Go West (Go West)Vote B
- Dancing On The Couch (Go West)Vote C
- Limping For A Generation (Blow Monkeys)Vote D
- Animal Magic (Blow Monkeys)Vote E
- She Was Only A Grocer’s Daughter (Blow Monkeys)Vote F
- Whoops! There Goes The Neighborhood (Blow Monkeys)Vote G
Most Helpful Guy
I loved Go West and wished they had more and frequent albums. But they had only 2 that wew ever accessible in US. Their debut album was too good. Along with them, at the same time came Mr Mister. I got the debut albums of both at the same time so I always associate them together.
As for Blow Monkeys, I only remember one ai gle. But I forget the name.0