Do people work on memorial day?

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, let's put it this way. Federal People DONT. FBI, CIA, the post office, UPs, Fed Ex all no.
    Some people are in stores, but warehouses for stores are closed. Yes many stores are open, food stores and pharmacies, but I'd guess stores like GameStop and Toy Stores do not. Yes Resteraunts are open on Memorial Day as well. so yes, some people do

• So what about a financial law firm with about 100-150 employees, would they work?

• So, let's say it's like a financial firm and there is other employees besides the own lawyers that work on the financial numbers part of the business. Can they still be opened by choice?

• Yeah, I guess.

What Guys Said 6

• I never work on memorial day, if my work does not give me that day off then I take it off, but I reserve that day for remembering our soldiers those that have died in the line of duty and those that risk their lives now to protect the rights that so many people take for granted.

• Yeah, but I didn't have to fortunately.

• No they dont at all

• in US they don't i guess

• no nobody works

• The unemployed don't.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on what type of job that you have, but most commonly no.

• Yes... I did today. It fucking sucked.

• I don't live in America but I know people do work on our equivalent of memorial day, they get paid time and a half or double time though.

• * some people work

• Most do not work.