What is best advice you'd give to someone willing to pursue a career in medicine?

Most Helpful Guy

• Study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study, study and revise.

What Guys Said 6

• You are lead to believe that you need to know biology or chemistry to get in but the truth is you have to know both like the back of your hand. The work is very hard and if you are thinking about a relatlionship the professor will ask you or explain the cost.

• u won't be as rich as u think 8)

• Civic engagement is a big part. You wanna show initiative. Be a leader. Join organizations. And most certainly get involved in research. Also never give up. Determination is the virtue of doctors.

Credentials: Imma be a surgeon.

• Logic over humanity. Utilitarianism all the way.

• It's medicine don't sniff it xD

• As long as you enjoy working with people and biology is your favorite subject, go for it.

What Girls Said 3

• Balance is the most important thing in your life as a doctor. My friend's grandpa was a doctor who drank too much alcohol cause he became depressed whenever one of his patients died. Love your patients but not as much as you love yourself or your family and remember being well rounded is more important than anything.

• Do it for the passion, not for money
    Work your ass off
    Go save lives
    Never be that person who tells someone they have "3 months to live".. Got told that, yet here I am 15 years later ;)

• Wow, that's a huge difference! What were you diagnosed with if you don't mind me asking?

• I don't mind :p
      Neurofibromatosis with severe scoliosis and a tiny hole in my heart
      Are you in medicine or just naturally curious? ;)

• i say just work very hard because its not easy.