Why are we our toughest critics?

Why do we judge ourselves the hardest? For example I could think a picture of me is really ugly and another person could think it looks good.

Most Helpful Girl

• Some of us seek perfection, and if we don't believe our idea of perfection fits with another's point of view then their opinion could be seen as invalid.

What Guys Said 5

• That does not count everyone says that's a nice picture no matter what you look like, we are hard on ourselves because we demand excellents and no none else can do it for us so we push ourselves hard most people anyway.

• Join the club everyones biggest critic is themselves

• Your inner critic is available 24/7

• What @shinyshoe said

• Humans are naturally selfish beings. We only know ourselves, we do not yet empathize or understand the views of others. This is why it's so important to be open minded and friendly with everyone.

What Girls Said 3

• i believe so. i know this is the case with myself.

• Because we want to be the best we can be.

• Because we don't see past our flaws. For instance we think "Omg, my nose is huge!" because we compare ourselves, while others accept you the way you are