What is a TV show past or present you absolutely hated and why?

I must say I hated Friends. I always thought that show was overrated. I couldn't gain any interest

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 43

• New Disney "sit-coms" like Ant Farm and Dog With A Blog the writing is cringe worthy it's SOOO bad.

• Sex and the city.. Glee... Teen mom... Kardashian.. etc... I don't like the "reality" tv shows either. Teen mom is a complete joke as well. oh I got prego at 16 help me and pay me for being a drama queen...

• umm, I hate The big bang theory :o

• never seen it

• MTV shows after the M stopped standing for Music.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians

All Cartoon Network, Nick and Disney shows after 2000s except Danny Phantom and Toonami shows.

My Little Pony (Because of the Bronies)

• I love that show. Except for the laugh track, that really needs to go.

• Overrated... Hmmmmmmmm > any heavy drama show - I just could never appreciate those. O. o
    I don't understand why people would want to get depressed on purpose.

New Girl, Girls, True Detective, Breaking Bad aaaand Seinfeld. I never was a fan of that show.
    So if I had to pick one: Seinfeld. Never liked it and I understand it was hugely popular - for some reason.

• I never understood that either, What about new girl don't you like?

• Zooey I never understood her

• Jess is the most annoying character on that show.

• Keeping up with the Kardashians. -.-

• Yes I can second that. Such a stupid show...

• Apart from being professional attention whores... what ARE they famous for?

• @FatherJack I honestly don't know o_O

• I can't takw th Big Bang Theory I I just don't it funny extremely boring.

• yes, it's borderline insulting. "okay lets have the actor read off random facts about science and technology and laugh at them."

• Hart of Dixie.
    I don't know why but I tried watching a few episodes but it just didn't do much for me.

• I despise Game of Thrones. As a part time writer and addictive reader, I found his books shortly after the 3rd book came out. I just hated them. To me the book wasn't fantasy writing, too much useless scenes and characters, and just... ugh. So when the show came up, I prayed some of the stuff I hated most about it was taken out (as a little of the series I grew to love) Gave the show a shot, then took a few shots to get me through the madness. I just have a strong hate for this show. For all who love it then enjoy it, but for the love of everything please dont make me have to listen to anything regarding that series ever again. T. T

• Teletubbies. Spent the summer with my aunt who had a new baby at the time and Teletubbies was always on the tv. I hated that show so much.

• Soap Opera's! My mom hated when I would predict everything and sit and talk shit to the T. V : Watch! he is going to come back from the dead because he had amnesia all the while he was on damn island being held captive by his girlfriend's evil father for something his father did when they were in college.

• they are all the same. everyone is a messed up person on those shows. The sitcoms in the 80's/90's were good

• The Big Bang Theory. Any time that show came I switched channels. I just wasn't interested in it. Part of me not liking it was that one of my favorite TV shows came before it, whenever I turn on Mtv and see The Big Bang Theory, I assume that I'm too late for one of my favorite TV shows. I know it's an unfair reason to not like that show, but again, I'm not interested on watching The Big Bang Theory. I wouldn't consider myself 'hating' that show, though.

• Shows like Big Bang Theory that think they're a lot smarter than they are.

• lool Bratz when I was younger. Absolutely hated it. I wanted to cut their head off

• I'm bored of mystery series, like CSIS

• How can you hate friends? :( I think a lot of the US sitcoms that are on right now are quite overrated though Big Bang Theory, Melissa and Joey etc.

• I hate Lena Dunham's show called "Girls".. I don't know, there's just something about it that just irks me.

• The Bachelor- I don't know, the whole televised dating thing is just kind of weird to me :P

• how are you going to hate on friends!

• teen mom...

• I hated big bang theory and that 70s show, I still don't really like it that much. I just find it a bit overrated and yea I also couldnt gain to much interest. I watch it sometime now but its not something I will pick if something else was on.

• All reality shows... there so fake and stupid 😔👎

• Friends and Game of Thrones. Tried to like, but just couldn't.

• same here about both. my family loves both, im the oddball

• Usual comments... nothing is wrong with me. I just have an opinion. Game of Thrones is overrated. I watched season 1 and it was enough for me.

• yes I agree. it is overrated

• Doctor Who. I'm sorry but I watched one episode and it was so tacky.

• thats what makes it charming! haha (there are definitely really great episodes... and then really weird ones)

you can totally dislike if you want to though haha

• Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead (although o be fair I've only seen one episode of each show)

• I thought Breaking Bad was bad at first but after a few episodes it went from meh to the best show I've ever watched.

• breaking bad is just ok until around the end of the 2nd season where it gets really good. stick with it.

• Those are two of the best shows there are. Especially breaking bad is a master piece!

• private pratice, gerys anatomy, senfield

• Uncle Grandpa , that's the only one I can really think of that I loathe.

• Yes I think that was one of the if not the most idiotic cartoon I've ever seen.

• Here comes honey boo boo. Thanks to it I'm scarred.

• The political shows.

• Does the news count lol besides that I hated 24

• I pretty much hate all current mtv shows

• More from Girls
    13

What Guys Said 50

• Goof Troop, Bonkers, SatAM Sonic (I was an AoStH fan), Father of the Pride (why did they think bestiality jokes were funny?), The Cosby Show, Judge Joe Brown, Springer, Maury (they canceled my cartoons' time slot for this crap?), Deadly Women (seriously, the stare-into-your-soul routine got old fast), Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog, season 2 of Lost, Desperate Housewives, some reality show about dating in Alaska, Temptation Island, several other "reality" shows the names of which I forget, later seasons of American Idol, SpongeBob, Teen Titans Go, TMNT 2012, Adventure Time, Uncle Grandpa (wtf?), and I'm running out of desire to dig up names.

All these shows were either braindead, morally bankrupt, annoying, messed with my childhood somehow, or I just couldn't ever get into them.

I do remember two really old shows that have been forgotten by most. Neither of them lasted more than three episodes. One was called Fish Police, and the other was called Scorch. One was a cartoon that couldn't find an audience, the other a bad Alf knock-off with a muppet dragon.

• I wish we still had good Saturday morning cartoons and kids shows. ALF, Punky Brewster, Rugrats, Doug, and Magic School Bus were the best

• and Jaleel white (Urkel) was the best Sonic

• Jaleel had the best voice. Was he the best-written Sonic? That's debatable on a by-episode basis, as some episodes of either show are definitely better-written than others. But he did what he could with the material he was given. At that time, Warner Bros. seemed to have a monopoly on good writers, and companies like Sega had to scramble to get their hands on whatever was left. Even Disney began to struggle post-Lion King to find competent writers.

(And now, we have The Asylum. Some of its writers are pretty good, most are abysmal, but no one notices because the acting is abominable 95% of the time.)

• Sons of Guns: The show first started out by just focusing on the gun smiths which they created unique weaponry and solved odd little problems from their clients. For the most part i enjoyed the show...

However as more seasons were added, cheesy explosions were blown up when clients shot their weapons and add in cringed worthy scripted drama... I eventually wrote it off and hated it.

• I think Yo Gabba Gabba was a horrible show for kids to watch. There was so much effeminate behavior from the male character that I wondered if it was a deliberate attempt to provide a role model who would de-masculinize young boys.

If anyone wants to respond and call me names for expressing this opinion, please answer one question: do you think the television and movie industry ever attempts to influence our society?

• You never saw "Cop Rock", in comparison, "Friends" was high art.

https://youtu.be/pXyw4pdOGyE

From the you tube description:

Believe it or not, this is the opening sequence from the 1990 ABC-TV police procedural/musical series "Cop Rock," created by Steven Bochco and William M. Finklestein. Randy Newman performs the theme song.

• I remember watching one episode of Cop Rock. That was it for me. Just awful.

• @WizeGuy2350

• Yep, and he created NYPD Blue, which was one of my favorite shows. Oh well... Even Babe Ruth struck out sometimes.

• How I Met Your Mother, after season 4.

It was once such a warm and charming sitcom and one of the best on television. But after season 4 something happened to the characters and the show became progressively worse season after season until finally it was absolutely unwatchable. The only reason they still got views was because of the promise of the mother at the end.

Ted , the main character, who was once a pretty cool, slightly nerdy guy, turned ito some pretentious douche who went around correcting others grammar and talking about history and italian poetry.

Marshall, his best friend, was cool, moral, slightly nerdy and superstitious. He was just a nice, warm character. But after season 4 he became a goofy, dopey, cheesy douchbag, who loved to rhyme his sentences. One episode consists solely of him telling stories to his son Marvin... in rhyme... literally the whole episode... in rhyme. I felt physically sick and had to turn it off.

Lilly, Marshall's wife, was always an annoying and self-centred character. But it was tolerable, realistic and actually made the show more interesting. But after season 4, she was acting like a two year old. I swear, to someone watching she seemed like she had some kind of mental disability. She became otherworldly immature, mean, selfish, stuck up and down right childlike. Just spending her days meddling in the lives of others, whining and having tempor tantrums. In one episode, where it's her birthday, she jumps out of bed and screams a "It's my birthday!" Then she sits there in her bed smiling like a retard as Marshall places a tiara on her head and waits on her hand and foot. She literally cries and whinges when anything doesn't go her way. She had so many cheap long running jokes, such a "You son of a beeetch!" and the "You're dead to me look". What's funny is the writers apparently want her to be portrayed as the most mature and wise of the group.

Robin, Ted's ex and Lilly's best friend, was once a strong female character. She was cool. She wasn't my kind of girl but was all in all, a good character. After season 4, she became some sort of mentally deranged and incredibly masculine woman. She went into fits of rage and screamed at people for no reason. She became obsessed with scotch, hockey, fighting and other apparently masculine things. She was mean, selfish and stuck up, constantly going on about who she is hotter than and thinking she could have any man she wanted. It didn't help that I actually never found h

• Awh no, accidently submitted it.
      Ahh well I didn't have too much more to say anyways :)

• Hee Haw I had to be stuck watching those Hicks on a Sat night as a kid, Gags just thinking about it

www.morethings.com/fan/hee_haw/hee_haw_cast.jpg

• Friends. It's annoying, unintelligent, and overrated. I used to enjoy it, but then I stopped watching partway though high school. I watched some episodes a few years later and I just remember thinking "this sounds like it was written by 14-year-olds". Plus...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1BQ3bbJO_k

• I hate Big Bang Theory. It's a show about people who are too smart to be in the problems that they're always in.

• I hate all those reality shows.

• Breaking bad. I got up to season 3, I just never got into it, it was a good show, Just wasn't for me.

• Everybody Loves Raymond one show i can not understand
    but basically sucks

• Everything on Cartoon Network. Ever.

Well, besides shows that weren't made by CN, such as Adult Swim shows, or Scooby Doo.

• Stopped watching TV over 5 years ago... seems to be all dumbed down crap , agree about Friends , from what I've seen , just a load of self congratulation , mutual back slapping , unfunny " jokes " & canned laughter. Mind you I'm British... we have a very satirical , sarcastic & caustic sense of humour !!

• Yeah I do not like friend's very much either.
    I do not just hate shows, if I do not like it I won't watch it. But when that show was forced on me and it showed it self on my face that's when things get ugly.
    And when T. V was the king, and 1) the remote is not with you 2) And it is a time for another show you want OR you are super board , then yeah flames will be going.

• Family ties, it meant Saturday morning cartoons were over, I'm older now, but it's depressing

All Cartoon Network, Nick, Disney shows after the 90s.

Keeping Up With The Kardashians, as well as most shows on the E Channel

My little Pony (Freaking Bronies Plague)

One Piece

• I don't know, I suppose "Beavis and Butthead". It was just stupid, I've watch many many cartoons in the past, never that one.

• As for non cartoon tv shows, there are too many of those to name I hate.

• I dont remember watching Punky Brewster.

• you can watch it on youtube, all episodes are there. There were 88 of them. They talk about different subjects such as CPR, Drugs, and abandonment

• Barny my god I hate that show, and Dora the Explorer, we already have a women who goes and finds mystery's and her name is Lara Croft.

• Ah there are so many, let's see, all reality tv shows, except mountain men, I like that one, friends, and that new one on tv land, younger.

• CSI, NCIS, Dexter and all those cop shows. Can't stand them.

• never liked cop shows? why?

• Police dramas bore the shit out of me.
      So do hospital dramas.

I don't mind cop shows that are about real life investigations though. Like the recent Catching Milat and the underbelly series. Those were great.

• I find them more tolerable when you mix them up. A project I'm working on combines cop/court/prison drama with a counter-terrorism drama with a superhero drama with a college dramedy. And a mythology arc involving a magic ruby and a seashell. And political satire galore to boot. But yeah, straight-up cop dramas can get boring after a while.

• Yes, I always found Friends to be boring and just plain annoying. None of the characters were interesting.

• I hate everything mainstream... conformists *flips hair*

• Friends are part of my favorite series to this day LOL.

Uhm, I didn't like reality shows and those stuff.

• I hate 75% of those dumb TV shows. Except medieval themed / crime / sci-fi / superheroes I hate everything :P

• Almost anything that is a reality TV show (Jersey Shore, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, etc.) or a tabloid talk show (Steve Wilkos Show, Jerry Springer Show, etc).

• One just can't hate Friends. Anyway I hate Scrubs.

• Just one? I could offer a long list.

• I hated Friends too!

• The Big Bang Theory; it is shit.

• Keeping Up with the Kardashians. That show and its cast members are a cancer.

• More from Guys
    20