Who here loves fantasy and Sci-Fi movies?

So what are some ones you like?

Me personally I love anything Star Wars huge fan of it ( pretty sure it's genetic )

And I love Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Firefly

Andromeda

Narinia

are some of my favorites.

Most Helpful Guy

• Star Wars

Star Trek (all of them, though my favorites were TNG and Deep Space Nine).

Firefly (especially because it's developed a cult following that makes it seem more special).

I've watched Lord of the Rings (though until recently, I've watched them out of order, which made it more confusing to me); I know the basics, but I'm no Stephen Colbert or anything. With a few exceptions, (HP, Adventures of Bone, CoN: LWW) I'm not huge into Fantasy.

Minority Report (The movie, not the PKD story)

I'm a fan of certain story lines and themes, I tend to stick with those.

I LOVE Bioshock (and Infinite) and LOVE Portal (and Portal 2). I was able to play Half Life and Half Life 2 probably 3-6 months before they came out - liked them, then found out when Portal arrived that it was set in the same universe, so it makes sense that I'd like it. I like Halo, but don't own any of them, so I haven't gotten the storyline down well; I'm more of a gamer "in spirit" than actually being good at them.

When I was a kid, a few of my favorite books were Chronicles of Narnia, Lion Witch Wardrobe. Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass more times than most guys, and "Bone."

I like I Robot (both the movie and completely different book series by Asimov; I was big into The Norby Chronicles when I was 8 (The Scout magazine "Boy's Life" got me into the book as they'd have a monthly comic based on Norby).

I like Agents of Shield. I like many comic book heroes (probably another subject for another day).

I like Walking Dead, but can't get into it; I feel like it's one of those shows that you have to watch from the beginning or you won't get it.

I liked Lost (watched a lot of the first season) but then Hulu started messing around with the paid subscription stuff, so that was out.)

I liked Pushing Daisies, though it was only a season.

I liked Heroes.

X Files and... and Fringe (which I jokingly refer to as X Files 2.0)

Zombie and horror films, but there has to be an interesting and original take on it. It can't just be a "boring" slasher film. I like "thrillers" - more of what goes on in your head than having to see everything or have the constant "jump scare" joke.

I like a bunch of different things, though there's a lot that I haven't gotten into yet (Farscape, Battlestar Galactica, Orphan Black, etc) There's just too much out there and not enough time or access for me.

What Girls Said 6

• love fantasy, hate sic fi unless it's like something truly special.

• haha blasphemy! D:

• @bananatossing I know right, everyone has at least one Sci-Fi show, series or classic they like.

• I love LOTR and The Butterfly Effect.

• Errrrr YES! <3
    Harry Potter
    The Wizard of oz
    Star Wars
    The Hobbit
    Lord of the Rings
    Narnia
    Alien movies
    Jurassic park

Um I have so many though.. lol. :) I am excited for Warcraft. I do not even play that game.. but am interested in the story.

• Oh my i looove sci-fi and fantasy!
    I love narnia and starwars and the hobbit and startrek and lord of the rings!
    Oh and Dr. Who? but that's a tv show, but still!
    And supernatural but thats more sci fi horrorish or something..

• Star Trek, Jurassic Park and Star Wars are my mains.

• Very nice.

Pop question which one do you like better the Original Jurassic Park or the newer ones?

• The original will always hold a special place in my heart, but I'm not a movie snob and can appreciate the newer ones as well.

• Good answer.

• Meeeeeeee :)

What Guys Said 11

• Bruh. Anything and everything Sci-fi / fantasy.
    Well not really, there are some REALLY bad stories, but I can put up with a lot for a little scifi buzz.
    Star Wars might just be my favorite story/universe/movies of all time, followed closely by LOTR.
    It crushed me when I found out that all that trivia I learned and all the stories I read Star Wars wise are basically worthless now that Disney has the rights.
    I know Lucas never declared the expanded universe canon, but I was always holding out hope 😭

• I know I was pissed to when I found that out but you know what it's all still cannon to me and that's all that matters. I agree though Star Wars and Lord of The Rings two best story lines out there.

• Man I was so invested in those stories.
      Diving into Star Wars got me through a tough time in my life, and to just say, "Well none of that universe matters cuz we paid/took a bunch of money so screw you."
      I'll always remember them though.

• Yeah I know what you mean Star Wars has helped me through some tough times, lol we sound like such geeks for saying that lol. But I honestly enjoyed the stories and the ones they are still making as well. And they will always be true star wars lore to me, as for Disney well they can swallow a thermal detonator.

My only hope is that they do the legacy well.

• Yeah man both are cool

• Yeah I do! You mean Narnia, The Chronicles of Narnia?

• The Aliens movies were awesome. And men in black.

• Ever heard of 'The Dark Crystal'. That's a cool film, used to freak me the fuck out as a kid though.

• Alien, Event Horizon, Ender's Game.

• Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, the Halo series, and Ender's Game.

• Like Sci-Fi, but not a big fan of Fantasy.

• Me I love star wars, Halo series... I just am a massive sci fi geek

• i love fantasy

• Both are awesome