What did you do for your last birthday?

It rains on my birthday, every year. Sometimes a little rain, sometimes a lot.. But every year it has rained to an extent no matter where I lived. Unfortunately, this year it rained pretty bad, so my plans were cancelled.

Instead, I "helped" my procrastinating friend who tends to use me more than half of the time I've known her. She asked me to help her with a project because she was "busy" that day. Her type of busy consists of school, volleyball practice, and homework. I told her that is nothing, because MY type of busy consists of school, volleyball practice, concurrent classes afterwards, teaching music, volunteering, and a workout... THEN homework. HOWEVER, I took the whole day off because it was my 18th birthday, I wanted to live a little.

During the middle of the day when it started to rain hard, I planned on staying in for the day. My friend called and asked if I could do the research part of the project for her because she was too "busy" to do it. Yes, the same type of busy I mentioned earlier. Being the friend who can't say no, I told her yes. So for 3 hours of my birthday, I did the research portion of her project. She was SUPPOSED to do the powerpoint and poster presentation part of it on her own. However, she called again saying that there was an "emergency" so she couldn't do those parts either. I spent another 4 hours making a powerpoint and the poster. Now, all she had to do was present it to her class. NOW she didn't know what to present because she didn't know anything about the topic. She TOLD (not asked) me she would come to my house (it was 12 am, so I wanted to sleep instead) and have me explain to her about what to present. So that was another hour wasted.

Yup, that's basically what I did on the day of my 18th birthday last year. What did you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I... got my period (felt really shitty and almost puked). I took the had PSAT's. Then I had rehearsal (musical) and I had to, well, rehearse for 2 hours while I had my period. Also at rehearsal, a friend of mine hit me in the head with something that resembled a rock (it wasn't). It hurt too. My birthday was not fun.

What Guys Said 7

• I spend the day in peace and silence as I wished, writing, preforming my tea ceremony, Niten Ichi Ryu

And studying/meditating

Soto Zen
    Full Lotus/Hokkaijoin
    Zanshin
    Fudoshin

And then I had my favorite dinner/cake with my grandmother and family.

• Was my 19th on November 17th, and I did nothing. Just stayed home. I don't really like making a fuss, would rather just relax.

For my 18th I went to the pub and drank, but I cba for my 19th 😂

• Just hanged out with my friends and had a dinner with my family in a nice restaurant

• I been sick every birthday in the last 3 years but im the only person who dont care about my birthday

• I did nothing as usual

• Nothing, nothing.

• i ate a cake, and the stripper inside it

What Girls Said 10

• hmm, what did i do?

oh YES! i went to this AMAZING revolving restaurant with my family in a beautiful area that was high above the ground and overlooked a gorgeous sunset and view.

• Nothing super special, just a trip to the Netherlands with family.

• Skating and out to eat.

• It also almost always rains on my birthday, because it's in begin December... I just invited my friend group at my house and they stayed for dinner. Then we just hang and someone gave me a piƱata so that was pretty fun. Nothing super special though..

• I went to happy hour and out dancing.

• Aww, I'm sorry honey :( I hope you'll have a birthday where it doesn't rain. On my last birthday, I had 2 friends come over & we watched movies -w-

• Had to miss two days of school and had to be xrayed. Sooo boring 😌

• I do nothing for my birthday every year... no gift sometimes cake but yeah i do nothing

• I went out for dinner

• wow. that's interesting...