If selling a gay couple a cake for their wedding means a Christian baker participated in a gay marriage does selling a gun to a murderer mean that?

If selling a gay couple a cake for their wedding means a Christian baker participated in a gay marriage does selling a gun to a murderer mean that a Christian gun store owner participated in a murder?

• No of course not only the first scenario applies
    0% (0)50% (2)29% (2)Vote
  • Yes of course the gun store owner helped pull the trigger
    67% (2)25% (1)43% (3)Vote
  • I'm not smart enough to answer
    33% (1)25% (1)28% (2)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
3|7

Most Helpful Guy

• I think neither. Neither the bakery or the gun shop participated in the event, they only supplied something.

0|1
    0|0
    • Weird how the Christian bakers that hate gay people are saying they are participating in the marriage.

• Yeah it's weird, I don't even understand why people are against gay marriage in the first place.

What Girls Said 3

• Neither. The cake one makes no sense. You're not participating in anything. A normal wedding cake maker wouldn't say they were 'participating' in weddings

0|1
    0|0
    • Weird they say they are participating in the gay marriage if they make the cake and it is a sin for them to do so.

• Show All
    • didn't specify :P

• Slacker

• Why would the gun store owner be a killer? He didn't pull the trigger

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither of it makes any sence

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I seriously doubt the Christian baker was told that the cake he would be baking would in fact be used at a gay wedding. So I don't personally see where his involvement could be a in question. Just as a ( sporting goods store for example) person doesn't sell a gun with the intent for the buyer to commit crimes with said gun. The seller doesn't grill the buyer to find the motive to buy it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Good answer although I will admit it is more likely that the latter would be more a mystery.

• Making and selling a wedding cake makes the baker a part of the wedding due to the fact that the cake is considered art and the ingrediants come from maneffestation or God. Gay marriage does not exist with God so it would not be something that a Christian should or would do.

Christians don't sell guns. The Nobel Prize is a pay back to society from bring guns to the world.

0|0
    0|1
    • Payback is one word, marriage existed way before the birth of Christianity and the ingredients are a manifestation from Gawwd? :P (Christians sell guns daily)

• God created marriage and it has existed since the first man and woman. You know Jesus was related to Eve. No Christians do not sell guns, possibly the boys on your block but true Christian do not.

• You seem terribly misinformed of history. Marriage predates the religion of Christianity and has nothing to do with religion/origins of religion.

• No, making the cake is just making a cake. Doesn't matter where it's going or who is eating it.
    Its still Christian good will to offer it anyway even if the recipients are sinners. That's part of what being Christian is which is doing good no matter what the circumstances.

0|1
    0|0
  • If the gun seller knew that it was going to be used in a murder, then yes actually, both factually and legally.

0|0
    0|0
    • Pretty big if either way it smells of poop.

• If the gun seller knows what the gun will be used for, then yes the seller is guilty as well.
    A better analogy would be, a couple picking up a plain cake, and decorating it for their wedding, to a murderer purchasing a gun.

0|0
    0|0
  • None of that means sh*t. Quit buggin, G!

0|0
    0|0