What do you think of the remake of the The Poltergeist that was recently released in theatres?

Now we all know that in the vast majority of cases, the remakes will never beat the originals. Overall, I thought the remake was okay. It did good in the first half until the ending just killed it.

1982 Original -

2015/Present Day Remake -

• It was pretty good for a remake
  • It was decent for a remake
  • It was just another typical horrible remake that's just an excuse for other film directors to make more money.

Most Helpful Guy

• It was awful. Seriously awful. The original was a Spielberg work so you know a lot went into it. The use of practical special effects in it was amazing and because the movie was a good 2 hours long they gave you time to get to know the characters and let them develop. In this one everything was rushed and the use of CGI for the tree scene was obvious and terrible. The actor who played the dad was horrible. There was no character development at all. Just another example of how they've become too reliant on visual effects to make a movie scary.

• It was actually Tobe Hooper, who directed the original Poltergiest movie, not Spielberg. Spielberg was just a producer for the original movie.

• Ah well still, same still applies with him producing. Plus hooper is a horror legend in his own right. The original was amazing.

• Hooper definitely is. That why I loved his Texas Chainaw Massacre movie he directed back in the early 1970s.

What Girls Said 1

• I didn't like it!

What Guys Said 4

• don't see it... but as an 80s fan i'd go wid da original :D

• I haven't seen it, and I have no intention to do so.

• it was pretty good, refreshing for a horror movie in my opinion

• Never heard of it. And I'll never watch it, I only watch comedy.
    But thank you, I'd never heard of this word and now I understand why the song name "polkageist" is a pun :D