Would you have tipped this waitress?

a couple nights ago i went to eat out with some friends to celebrate someone's birthday well when we got there we waited 45 minutes for a table, didn't get to place our order for another 25 minutes after that, and also the waitress didn't ask us if we were ready we had to call her over and tell her we wanted to order. she gave us the wrong drinks (none of us ordered the ones she brought for us) and our food was almost cold when she brought it out. should we have tipped her? or tipped her some but not too much?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not only I would tip her, but I would give her a double tip, plus a kiss on her cheek and I would offer her a drink when she will stop working. Then the menu would have a relaxing foot massage, champagne, listening to jazz music and after that hot sex in my jacuzzi. Oh yes :)

What Guys Said 12

• It depends. If it was incredibly busy and she was running everywhere and it was clear the place was under staffed and she was overwhelmed I would have still tipped. The night was probably more shitty for her than it was for you. If she looked like she was just being straight up lazy I wouldn't tip a dime.

• so you would have tipped her based on how flustered she looked?

• If she was trying her best I would. Again if she was just half assing it then I wouldn't have. If it's incredibly busy and she has to serve more people than she can handle there's nothing she can do about that.

• Did you go to a busy or popular place without making a reservation? Because that is NOT the waitress' fault that you waited 45 minutes, nor should it have been anyone else's except your own.
    Did you tell her about the wrong drinks, and did she apologise and fix it?
    Did you tell her about the cold food, and did she apologise and fix it?

• it was busy yes but not like she was the only one there and also but it wasn't some super fancy restaurant that you make reservations for we told her about the drinks yes and she did bring us the right ones after but we had already waited so long for the food we decided to eat the food they brought us

• Okay, so the reservations/busy thing is on you. That is not her fault.
      You told her about the drinks and she fixed it.
      You didn't tell her about the food so she might not have realised, it was super busy as you say so she was probably running around like crazy.

I would still have tipped her, because it sounds like she was having a bad night and trying her best - that wasn't exactly a nightmare scenario you experienced.

• I always tip. If they do a crappy job its 10% and I won't return for weeks or months. In a few cases years.

• do you think it unacceptable not to tip even for bad service?

• With the way waitress are paid in some parts in the U. S. I think its best to tip a bit and not return to the business for some time.

• Most would have left the restaurant, let alone tipped her, let alone payed for food they didn't even eat. She would have had to of been like the only one there for me to have forgiven her.

• Depends if she said happy Birthday to the Birthday boy

• When your doing a birthday thing you have to go to an upscale place, I mean real upscale

• I don't tip at all.
    Especially not someone like the one you had.
    Why would I spend more money than the bill says?
    And don't tell me waiters and waitresses need tips because their wage is low or whatever,
    I don't get tipped in the office either even though I might don't earn much more money than a waiter.

• Yes, I would've still tipped her but would've tried to talk to her on the side about it...

• I'm Aussie. We don't tip.

• no, there's no need for a tip.

• are you sure you went to a reastaurant LOL maybe they came to your house. i think i wouldn't tip.

• yes have sex with her

• Well it wasn't her fault that there weren't any tables. It sounded full... of course she'd take a while to get to you. Maybe they were low on staff or something

• no there was plenty of staff working and there were a few tables empty by the time we DID get in. you saying you would have tipped her?

• Yeah I would. It's kinda built in to me. I wouldn't give a lot though

What Girls Said 7

• No. Tip what they deserve not the 'percentage of what you ordered'

• I wouldn't have tipped her. I got really shitty service in a restaurant once and on the tip line simply wrote "No."

• lol i told a friend about it and he said we should have tipped her in cents because if we didn't tip her at all she might think we forgot

• Wow... shitty service, I wouldn't be going back there... Id still tip her but not a lot

• trust me we won't be going back there any time soon

• Good idea😂 happy belated birthday to your friend by the way:)

• Depends on the condition of the restaurant. If it was incredibly busy and she was stressed out and running off her feet then yes. If she was just lazy and stupid but not actually that busy then no.

• No, I wouldn't.

• Tipped some but not much.

• would have if she was hot lol