Should I have taken 11 AP classes or was this a big mistake?

My school has a weird schedule which allows me to take many classes, so I ended up signing up for 11 AP classes. Usually I wouldn't be worried, but my sister was yelling at me for an hour straight and even went so far as to say that she was going to get the College Board acorn logo and print it all over a dress so that she could wear it to my funeral 😒. Now I'm panicking because I feel like I've made a mistake.

Background: I've gotten 5s and a couple of 4s on all of the AP exams I've taken, so I have experience with the classes. I've never taken so many in a year though and now I feel like I've made a huge mistake. Has anyone had experience with taking many AP classes in a year/knows someone who has? And was it a positive experience?

Also, the way my schedule is set up I'm taking four classes for three days and five classes for two days. Which subject material I'm taking per day rotates.

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't started taking any AP classes yet but I do plan on doing so. I think you should go with your gut. Don't underestimate yourself. I signed up for up to 2 literary courses and an AP English class for my junior year (of high school) even when one of my upperclassmen friends advised me not to because of her experience. Everyone is different. I know my strengths and weaknesses and you know yours. If you're only tempted to back out because of fear, then don't back out. Feeling scared is the worst reason to back out of something.

What Guys Said 5

• Hey, it doesn't really matter if it's a mistake if you can't change it. Can you change it? But if your sister is yelling at you, yeah, you should drop a few. But all the more power to ya if you're like "FCK DIS SHT, I'M STARTING ME A REVOLUTION!!!"

• then y do u feel it was a mistake?

• Big mistake. I'm sorry for your loss. I take a few ap courses, but the rest are just honors. But then you have to remember to balance social life, and taking care of your body, mental health.. and sleep.

Big big big big big mistake (unless you have a top tier IQ and work ethic) but if you did, you would be the partner of stephen hawking lol

• Just drop a bunch of them. 11 is definitely too many.

• Big mistake way to much

What Girls Said 3

• I took 8 total throughout high school and that was just 2 a year. But the fact that you've passed them makes it sound like you can handle them. You've taken them before so you know that you spend a lot of time practicing for the test in the class, or learning. Honestly they're just like regular classes you just get to take a test at the end of the year to try and get college credit!

• Stick with what your gut tells you to do. You know you best.

• i think you're fine! dont worry about it.