Are you a bad person if you kill someone?

Do you think murderers are morally bankrupt, or would you think they had a good reason for doing what they did?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry but #Population control is needed in some shape or form, right? So it's not bad in my books (murder). Hell of anything, it's needed because with ___ out of the way that's more resources/opportunities for the rest us (how I look at it).

i1127.photobucket.com/.../...f.com-add-text_15.gif In order for ___ to win, someone has to lose right? Welcome to the game of life where some of us are going to make it to the later stages (old and saggy) while others, on the other hand, will fail at an earlier (young and gone) stages due some unfortunate event. Murder, car accidents, disease etc ain't no telling and in the end someone still died, right? So why does it matter how they did? Murder is murder in my mind since no one forced __ to kill __. Nope, they did it at their own accord to protect their own life. Which leads back to the " in order for me to win someone has to lose" in this case it was the robber (loser) and to protect your own potential future you WHACKED em LOL

What Girls Said 5

• I doubt there's a good reason for it unless it's self defense/defending someone else.

• Depends, to take someones life for no reason, they're bad. To take someones life for self defense, they're fine.

• Of course they are bad people. The only group of people who don't agree with me would be those bleeding heart social workers that "see the good in everyone and not judge". They can just fuck right off.

• Obviously, that depends on who they killed and why.

• Murder is circumstantial

What Guys Said 15

• Concepts of morality are at their core a set a principles that all or most members of a society agree upon to benefit individual well being as well as that of the group as a whole. Tribal people long ago learned that our the odds of survival go up if we all agree to follow basic rules.

One of the most basic agreements is "I promise not kill you if you dont kill me". The success of a society that does not kill each other at a whim is much higher than one that does and it also gives a level of peace of mind.

It is also normally agreed upon that killing is O. K under some situations. Such as if killing another is the only way to stop them from killer or seriously harming yourself or a member of your group.

This concept has evolved into our psychology via the emotion called empathy which causes us to feel and relate to the suffering of others.

Not all killers are 100% morally bankrupt. Some lose control and act out in revenge, some do it out of greed but still have some level of morality as in the would not kill their own mothers and then you have those who lack the ability to feel empathy and would kill anyone if they could get away with it and it would suit their needs.

Regardless of the reason society has deemed people who would take murder into their own hands as dangerous and need to be locked up to preserve the safety of the group.

• I can tell you what God thinks and that is its all sin. From a little white lie to genocide the punishment is the same. "The wages of sin is death"

• If he wanted to know "what God thinks," he would've just read the bible.

• My point is why single out murderers? I think child rape is as bad

• Intentionally or by accident?

• yes unless if it's self-defence :)

• Depends on the circumstances. If you were about to me shot or stabbed, no. Self defense. If someone was robbing your house; again no.

If you stabbed some random person for no reason, yes.
    Depends on why 'murderer' killed the person for.

• They probably do

1) Not enough support from family, friends, or society
    2) Justified revenge
    3) Combination of both

• Murderers are a very divers group of people, some of my best friends are murders.
    Actions don't matter, its the content of ones character that does. Its best not to discriminate.

• Ever since I saw the Shawshank Redemption, I always thought that there are some good people that have committed murder someone. Just a very bad mistake. That's a rare occurrence though. The rest are just mentally unstable or unfit for society

• Shaking. My. Head.

• Not always

• No.

The punisher kills people all the time and he's lovable.

• The bible says thou shall not kill still commit lust and still

• I am a Solider, Special Forces Branch
    I don't have the luxury of thinking in this way nor do I entertain the idea that the ddecisions I make in the field are morally wrong. If I can justify what I did, I will do it and go sleep like a baby.

I have never done anything unethical. Taking life is no easy thing and it will kill a part of you no matter what the person you've taken has done. It never gets easier it only gets easier to justify to yourself and help you sleep better at night.

YOU DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO and at the end of the day, that's all there is to it.
    But that's my story, I'm a solider.

• **raises eyebrows**

Really...

• I dont agree with good reason to kill