How many of you GaGs are self-employed?

After much dwelling on my career options, I have decided to start my own thing - professional consultancy. I have been in my industry for about 9 years and seem to have all the right paperwork, skills and motivation to run it myself. My area of expertise is HR& Recruitment.

I am curious to learn about your experiences including challenges that you came across in the very beginning of developing your businesses. Where are you now progress wise? Would you do anything different?

Thank you GaGs

Most Helpful Guy

• Organization, confidence, savings (till you succeed) and selling oneself in a productive and efficient manner are most important. Also having passion is quite important. Love what you do and people will follow.

• Thank you! Passion is the reason I have decided to go solo after not much luck with finding what I was hoping for in my previous employments. Apart from my commitment and passion for the industry, I want to make a difference to my community.

• Well there you go. You have motivation and good motive. You are already successful!

• Thank you for MH

What Guys Said 6

• I think its awesome that your working to earn for yourself and not someone else. I'm not self employed but am in school to be an Accountant. I'd like to start my own firm where I help small businesses get off the ground and teach them about the financial side of having a business.

• Thank you. I like the way you are thinking about your professional future.

• i'm self-employed n i use power tools yo! 8)

• I am indeed self-employed but I didn't start my own business. Just took over a family business.

• and how re you managing? Is this new for you?

• @kangy I wouldn't know what to do with a lot of free rime. >_<

• shaking my head... time to relax

• Not so much self employed, not quite.

• how do you mean?

• Yeah, I suppose.

• or depending on your musical instruments... streets are always there :) we have mad live music culture in my country, so seeing someone perform in the street is a common thing... and it can cheer the people up as well :)

• Not me. Although, it could be nice to be.

• I'm jobless.

What Girls Said 3

• That's awesome! I'm a cocktail waitress part time but i've always made skirts and i've been selling them online for extra money for awhile now lol

• that's really kewl where do you sale these? I like shopping online

• I used to sell them on Ebay a lot but then I started going to craft shows here and selling them there instead. I haven't been in a couple of months but I just ordered some stuff to make some more so when I get some extra time (which means off this damn site) then i'm going to make some more lol

• @sluggognatface can help you out. He is self employed

• i am self employed!

• that's great. what is your experience or word of advice for me one who is starting their own thing please?