Everyone tells you to step outside your comfort zone and meet new people, but what if I don't want to?

I don't really have very many friends, but this is by complete choice. People often make me uncomfortable and I find a lot of conversation kind of boring.

Can anyone relate?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1
3|7

Most Helpful Guy

• This is sorta me, a couple of years back.

I hated going out. I feared meeting friends. I worry about getting judged. I don't know how to start conversations. Activities seemed stupid or boring. There was a lot to dislike about the world.

But somewhere along the way, I met a very good friend, who had other good friends, who made me feel comfortable in their midst. They asked me to hang out with them and gave me a semblance of social life. I found myself getting more used to it, and now I no longer go into a panic attack when I'm out in public.

0|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• I can completely relate. Everybody's always like, "Go meet some new people," and I'm like
    s3.amazonaws.com/.../leaving-louisiana-2.gif
    It's funny how people assume I'm miserable because I'm not like them.

0|0
    0|0
  • then stay in yer CZ... u don't HAVE TO go out ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah but I kinda wish I wasn't like this :/

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want to meet people, friends, dates, etc. YOu have to get out there.

If you don't want to meet people, new friends, dates, etc. Don't get out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • I relate. I can be a particularly outgoing person but most of the time I prefer to keep to myself and think alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • No ur insane there is a lot of cool people to meet

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I can relate!

0|0
    0|0
  • Ignore what they say. I don't think being introverted is a bad thing

0|0
    0|0