How long did it take you to learn to drive a car?

By effective learning and practicing hour, I mean. Such as 30 hours? Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• I followed the prescribed Young Drivers Of Canada (a respected driving school) syllabus and passed my test first time afterwards - on a manual, no less.

Passed motorcycle first time too - think it took about a dozen two-hour lessons.

What Girls Said 6

• ah that was ages ago. i dont remember the hours but i think it was like a month when i started to get the hang of it. i didn't grow in confidence for awhile tho. now I'm better =]

• I long fucking time. Thank Gd for my brother.

• It didn't take that long at all. I became a master at backing up when my dad had me back up his truck all the way down this extremely tiny road to the lake and back on the farm.

• I'd say automatic probably 5 hours? Stick about the use but after knowing how to drove in general

• I still suck at it :'(

• About 20 hours.

What Guys Said 9

• never learnt.. hate cars bleh

• Not too long maybe a month to perfect the skills.

• i learned almost instantly. My parents usually left keys to the truck home. I just picked up the keys started driving in my neighborhood and worked my way up the main streets. Took me about a week to learn to drive manual though

• Like maybe two weeks or so, but the first car I learned to drive was a stick so yeah. A lot of staling out and hella whiplash, good times :)

• I was able to drive within a few weeks.

• Not to long cause we drove tractors as kids

• About 4-5 months

• about a day

• 2 hours basically