When do you stop listening to everyone else and start listening to your heart? (I know it's sorta cheesy)?

I was in school today talking to the lady who works at the desk and she told me, "I heard you're a very intelligent young lady, but you don't always use your brain." I was shocked that she said something like that, but it's the truth. I've been an A student my whole life. I'm a grade above where I'm supposed to be, I take all advanced classes, and I can read Latin. Everyone knows I'm a smart person, but recently my grades have fallen, a lot. I've sort of lost control of my life. My brain keeps telling me to focus in class, study, do homework, and be the person everyone else wants you to be. All my other emotions are telling me otherwise. Honestly my whole childhood centered around school. I took summer classes, Saturday classes, after school programs, debate teams, and more. I'm tired. None of the grades, or awards, or honor rolls ever made me happy. It only made my family happy, and that used to be good enough for me. Now it's just not. Now I want to happy. Instead of focusing in class, I'm doodling in my notebook. Instead of studying, I'm out hanging with friends. Instead of doing homework, I'm enjoying life. I never got to be me as a kid. I never had any real friends cause I always jumped from school to school and I was always the nerdy outcast. I was always in school so I never had time to actually socialize. Now my brain keeps telling me that everything I'm doing is wrong and that I'm about to screw up my life, but all my emotions and my heart keep telling me that it's so right and that I'm finally happy. I feel like my brain and my emotions are gonna split me in half.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have an ego problem. Go back to what you know. The people you meet now are there to hold you back and stop you from having that free college education which will turn out to be the time of your life. Play now and it will cost you a life time of joy. Wait till after school and into college you will meet the man of your dreams who will be much like you in working hard and wanting success. Trust your family they love you and have you on a path to a good life.

What Guys Said 2

• better u should stop... not let others make decisions bout u ;)

• Listening to Heart is good.

What Girls Said 2

• when I piss at the morning

• you should listen to your heart.