Are getting wisdom teeth pulled painful?

Cause, I'm scared as heck, people say it hurts like heck, any I hate feeling pain.

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't had mine out yet, actually get all four out in two weeks, sounds like a popular time of year to have wisdom teeth taken out! At the pre-operative appointment I already got my pre-op "cocktail" of drugs! Sounds soo fun do cocktail in the morning then go in and have a little something by I. V., wake up all goofy. Go home and sleep it off.

My guy had his out last year, he was pretty funny on the ride home. He wanted his Mom to chase someone out of a crosswalk with her car! Told her he'd give her $10 if she did it, then got upset when she stopped for them. Once we got him home he wanted to get kissy face with me, I gave him a quick peck on the nose and told him he had bad breath and chipmunk cheeks, which made him laugh. He soon went to sleep for about four hours waking up needing a pain pill. You have to make sure you take the pain meds when they tell you, even if you don't feel like it for the first 24 hours or so. Otherwise the pain may get worse, if you have pain that is, a couple people I've talked to said they didn't have much pain at all. Took the pain meds the first day and that was it. Just depends on how well you tolerate pain I guess. It was that way when I had my knee scoped a while back.

• Tomorrow's the day, all four got to go! Guess I can tell you firsthand how much it hurts. FiancĂ© says I should be on my lips all weekend, ooh now that just sounds fun!

What Guys Said 8

• Getting them pulled out? No. Once the pain meds go away, yes. Just ask for vicodin and take as needed, you'll be fine. In fact you'll feel good with vicodin haha

• and don't go to sleep, just don't. There's no reason for you to. They only do that to get more money. You don't feel a thing when they do it.

• Doctor said they won't grow out til age 17

• My sister didn't go under for them and there was no problem (she got them out when they were baby, I got mine out when they had gone through).

• never had em... but y people say they r painful?

• I think I'll find out soon...

• I don't even know what a wisdom tooth is, but it sounds like something I'd want to keep o;

• No, it's one of the most peaceful moments of your life, take advantage of it to think about how happy your life is.

• There is little pain not much i had mine removed at age 19

• Ya, that sucked. Soft diet for a week or so.

• twas but a scratch!

What Girls Said 5

• Yes. I was put to sleep when I got mine out, but the healing process was a pain! I looked like a chipmunk for a few days, and the pain went away after about a week. I had to watch the textures of food I ate too. So nothing hard or crunchy, but on the plus side, I got to eat a lot of ice cream. :)

Side note: they actually had to cut my gums open to get mine out because they weren't all coming through yet. I had 5 instead of 4 and they were giving me massive migraines so they had to go! I would have much rather dealt with the chipmunk cheeks and week of pain/discomfort than deal with those migraines and risk the wisdom teeth crowding my straight teeth. I didn't go through 2 years of braces for nothing!

• no, you'll either be put to sleep or you won't feel anything because they numb it. either way you don't feel anything, but if you're put to sleep you won't remember anything haha.
    afterwards they will be a little sore but they supply you with painkillers so you're alset.

• Yeah, a lot.

• Getting them pulled out... no well I was asleep
    After... YES
    I actually got them pulled out a month ago on this day and it still hurts abit. I guess mine was special because the pills they subcribed me didn't work so I had to get shots every 6 hours. Prepare to eat soft foods for AT LEAST a week. Are you getting all 4 pulled out?

• Pulled?
    I don't know, maybe.
    I had mine surgically removed and I was asleep.

• Thats what I mean

• Maybe they drugged you up with numb medicine?

• Yeah, probably.
      When I first got done I didn't feel any pain.
      I was just super out of it and had a bunch of blood coming out of my mouth.
      It didn't start hurting until after I came home and took a nap.