What happended with the als ice bucket challenge? I heard something bad happened?

I heard something bad happened with the als ice bucket chalenge but i don't know what.

• I know what happened! but i won't tell.
  • I know what happened!
  • what are you talking about?
  • what is the als ice bucket challenge?

Most Helpful Guy

• It became less about helping people with ALS and more about everyone just wanting attention for doing it. And then really stupid people died doing it.
    Plus allegations that only 1/4 of the money went to organizations that research ALS. But what people don't realize is those research companies never needed the money and have all the money they need. It's just research at this point throwing more money won't help at all. Overall donations to foundations that research diseases in general dropped dramatically because everyone became so focused on the dumb challenge. Only celebrities actually donated money along with the video of them dumping ice water on themselves.

It became so despicable that eventually it was if you didn't donate within 24 hours after being "nominated" you had to dump water on your head. I guess a lot of people would rather dump a bucket of ice water on their head than actually help those less fortunate than them. As someone who has an uncle with Lou gehrigs disease I think it was an abomination of social media.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, as it goes more into the Summer months and it gets warmer weather
    they will bring back the ASL challenges,,, They are going though a dry period now.

• I wanted to try that out myself I thought it was cool

• Who what where when how why?

• I do not know. What happened?

• Some girl did think it'd be funny to take it in the opposite direction and threw scolding water over her brother, but maybe events have blurred and that wasn't really what happened.

What Girls Said 6

• Basically the charity which people were being asked to donate to wasn't entirely forthcoming about where their money was going and there is a lot that suggests that the money wasn't being put into the appropriate hands. Thhhat's pretty much it

• What are you talking about lol

• I heard of something pretty bad dealing with it but not sure if it's the same as what you're thinking

• It was replace with piss bucket challenge

• That's fairly vague.
    But try using google to see if any news stories pop up.