Is god a girl or a guy?

• Guy
  • Girl
  • Unknown

Most Helpful Guy

• If there is a god, he is most definitely a man. I mean he hates women in the bible. H hates them biologically. He even allowed his favorite beings to develop a few thousand year society of abusing them and degrading them! No way a Woman god would do that...

• I feel so freaking bad for laughing right now.

• @coolkidmusician now that is a talk we could have. Lets say that genesis, or for that matter the bible is true (which is the talk we can't have), but for here, lets say it is true. If God make us in his/her (I will use it now as I think that makes more sense myself) image, then why are men and women so different? Or for that matter, any species genders?

So do you take the Adam and Eve approach and say God is a man, Adam was made in his image and Eve was made of Adam, therefor creating a barrier of men between women and God?

Or as I personally would believe, God is gender-less and we humans see all life in terms of male and female and so we prefixed what we are able to comprehend on God. People don't like saying God is an 'it' because for us that is derogatory, but that is not how I mean it here. I say 'it' because imposing gender, a mortal- physical living aspect on a higher being, is illogical. God is above gender by definition of being an all powerful being.

But that is me...

• Maybe I came off the wrong way. I think he is both, I do not by any means think that he is full man and/ or woman. The trinity is three parts, God the father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit. So, that also depends on what stance you take, but yeah. I know that my stance whether you be Christian or not, with research can be proven.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't believe in god.

That said, if a god did exist, I don't really think that gender would be a concept that was applicable to it.

If the god of the Abrahamic religions was real, he'd probably be a guy. I mean, he has a pretty shitty attitude toward women.

• God transcends gender. How can mere humans understand something as awesome as God? Especially when a goodly portion of us running around drawing dicks on everything and naming it after ourselves?

• 0|1
  • God is a they.

• Ouch you're hurting my mind lol

• There has to be more than one because how could a hermaphrodite god know about sex, and how could a male god know about females if he made man in his image? Where did females image come from if he's a he?

• MY OPINION, Hate it , I don't care, I KNOW God exists, I know HE is God and I don't care what you say, I love Him , and I believe in Him, and NOTHING and NOBODY will EVER change my mind!

• He walked the Earth as a man, but Peter wrote of God having a female aspect as well. Most would say man, but you have to read between the lines.

• I never knew and nor I have required will and patience to find out.

• god doesn't exist

• o i hope you get saved! so sad to see some people does not believe in Him

• what works, exactly? because there sure as hell isn't any proof. And it's very arrogant of you to assume that the way you live your life is 'better' than everyone else. I can have moral worth and values which are not based around a non-existent guy or a scripture written by humans thousands of years ago. Have a nice day

• I hope you find happiness in life because I found mine, God Bless :D

• Neither because God doesn't exist in my opinion. The closest I could get to theism would be pantheism ie. everyone is God; which would mean God is all genders

• how can everybody be God?

• Well because everyone's consciousness makes up the Universal Consciousness, which some people might see as God (I am not one of those people but I can empathise with where they're coming from)

• Probably neither
    ...

What Guys Said 13

• What use would sexual dimorphism be to an omni-potent god? Even though I highly doubt its existence, if it did exist, it would be obviously be neither.

• I could be mistaken but I think its written in the bible that god created humans in HIS image so that would imply god is male.

• I've almost always heard people refer to God as a male.

• God is imaginary, so it's whatever makes you happy.

• God is Spirit. God has no gender but so we humans can understand God, God presents as a man. God has no body.

• Who the hell really knows...

• God is spirit and a "they" (trinity), neither a "he" nor a "she". Jesus is obviously a man.

• What do you mean when you say a girl or a guy? Do you mean to say if he has a vagina or a dick? A strong or a soft body? A human even?

• I'm pretty sure God is transgender

• Neither or perhaps both

• God is referred to as the father. We all made in the image of God so He must a female side and make side but i don't think He has a gender

• god is a stupid girl and she throws tantrums and maeks shit fall on me man fuk it piss me of

• God is a black woman.

• I think a woman because from the book there was so many messed up things that she caused like famine plagues disasters (kinda like mood swings) and just to get their attention