How do I become less shy and get the courage to talk to this guy I like, and talk to guys in general?

I am really shy around guys, in particular the one I like. He is in the year above me at the all boys school which does stuff my my all girls school. I don't know how to get the courage to talk to him. I even struggle just to smile at him because I am that shy. I just wish that I wasn't this shy and could talk to him. How do I build up the courage to smile and talk to him? Also I haven't spoken to any guys in a years. I get super nervous! Please help.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Also I haven't spoken to any guys in a years. I get super nervous! Please help. "

This is where you need to start. The more comfortable you are talking to guys in general, you'll realize they're all the same (adding in signals and flirting later in your female career).

My best tip for talking / approaching new guys is to find a way to ask them for help. It opens a simple and innocent dialogue which allows the guy to lead, then the convo can trickle off from there.

So if you want to hit a home run, you need to start swinging the bat.

What Guys Said 1

• maybe try being around guys mostly instead wid gals?

What Girls Said 2

• Girl when you figure that out pad that wisdom to me I have the same problem. But if anything try and be yourself I know that's hard. I used to be that shy I just can't talk to guys I like other than that I have no problem taking to guys. Try and get to know them as a friend. Hope it goes well!

• just do it dont even think about it.