Love of your life VS a dream career?

If you had to choose between the love of your life and a dream career, which one would you choose?

• Love of my life
  • Dream career

Most Helpful Guy

• This will most likely skew based on age. Young will lean towards career, thinking it is easy to meet someone acceptable because they have spent so much time in school and entry level jobs that provide a ton of opportunity to meet young, single people. And at that point, the idea of 'working on what you love' seems like the most sensible, exciting use of your time. Older will trend towards 'love', as it becomes exponentially more difficult to find people you are really compatible with later in life, and you begin to realize that you only work so that you can spend your time off enjoying it with the people you care about. Your time away from work is way more important than your time at work, so you would want to set up something that the time away from work is better... which would involve having the love of your life be a part of it. Work is just work, do whatever to pay the bills and give yourself enough time to enjoy life. That's a way better return.

You will also have a lot of people that don't realize that the structure of the question implies mutual exclusivity. So they will pick a 'dream career' assuming they would also then find someone to be the love of their life anyway. But your question is suggesting "Dream career, plus shitty partner" vs "Love, but shitty career". And so really, what is the point of a good career if you have no one to share your life with? Being lonely and rich is not a path to fulfilment or happiness, that's pretty common knowledge. I think a lot of people are 'cheating' the question by assuming the good career will still afford them a happy, fulfilling social life. But the exclusivity of the question shouldn't allow that "I choose both" kind of response because it's so clearly the dominant choice.

• I agree that enjoying a partner is important in the long run but as a young person I'm trying to focus on career so I agree it is skewed to age which is why i hate being 25.`

Most Helpful Girl

• Am more than extremely fortunate in that I already have both.

What Guys Said 15

• I would bet that most of the 67% that voted dream career are kids in their 20's or earlier. Your going to learn as you get older that the only thing that truly matters in life is family. You can always find a job. Money is great. I love money. but it cannot make you truly happy. It can buy the illusion of happiness for a long time though.
    I was an aberration in that I always felt this way about family. I never cared about any career.

• who gives a shit but careers o_O

• I would choose the love of my life. I feel like it's much rarer, and I can keep working on my dream career in the meantime.

• Love of my life. There's only one in the world so why would I release her.

• If you voted A I don't like you.

• Very close but I would pick love of my life.

• A career would be the most important in life.

• Love triumphs all

• Dream career. It's probably why I've been single so long too... lol

• You'll eventually find someone, I'll take dream career, not even close.

• Do I get to explore space with my own space ship?

• Yeah, obviously, if that's your dream job, lol.

• Well if I can explore the universe I would rather do that. My girlfriend broke up with me last night over a text so I kind of wish I was light years away from Earth and I would never even look back.

• definitely my dream career
    here is an explanation why:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA_2NpOw9fA

• I'd choose the love of my life. I really desire someone who understands me.

• Love of my life, but only if I'm love of her life too
    If not dream career

• love of my life

What Girls Said 8

• My dream career. You only have a few (or even just the one) chance at a dream career, before you've missed it and it's gone. If you choose not to get the love of your life now, you still have the rest of your life to find someone.

• I would choose my career.

• Dream career, easily.

• The love of my life. I already do what I love during my spare time and I think I'd be happy with just keep doing that :)

• I already love my life, so dream career :)

• I'd choose my dream career and with my dream career I may be with the love of my life.

• Dream Career.

• Dream career for me.