Why are all the pretty, popular, "black" celebrities mixed with something?

Like Beyonce, she isn't fully black.
Keri Hilson isn't fully black.
Rihanna isn't fully black.
Are there any attractive PURE BLACK celebs?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• Is there even a such thing as a pure black celeb? Haven't they all been mixed with something at some point in their lives?

The only pure black person I can think of is like, a person from Africa who has a completely untouched and traditional lineage.

• That's not true. Most black people I knows parents and grandparents are black.

• I agree. African Americans are all mixed up down the line anyway.

• I have noticed this. I think it is part scarcity of people who are of a non-mixed-race ethnicity in the United States, and part an effect of the fact that the American standard of beauty is largely based on the facial features of Indo-European decent.

• hmmm when u say pure black? any examples?

• Like have no white in them.

• There aren't any pure race people in the world!!!-

• What about the males? Plenty of them are pure black and considered attractive and are popular

• Hm I don't know because I have always considered those celebs black.

• Its true all are mixed. You also will notice their facial features look white nose lips etc . I do have an actraction to pure black woman. Thier lips thighs etc . Would love to talk to you about it.

• That awkward moment when your username says blueeyedlover

• mixed genes makes you more beautiful
    but there are popular fully black models and actresses

• Honestly the majority of people of any race are mixed with something. most black people have Latino or other race mixed in if even a tiny little bit. I'm white but I'm also have native armerican and Hispanic, yet you wouldn't be Able to tell just by looking at me.

What Girls Said 9

• All of the celebs you mentioned have parents that are black.
    You're digging into their roots and claiming them mixed.
    if that were the case no one qualifies as black.

• Rihanna is from. the islands. She's not mixed. Beyonce is Creole which originates back to black people. Never heard about Keri Hilson being mixed either.

And then you have Kelly Rowland, Nia Long, Sanaa Lathan, Jill Scott, Lupita Nyongo, Angela Bassett... like all those women are gorgeous.

• Pretty much everyone has something mixed with them... But, here are some famous gorgeous black celebrities who are not directly mixed.

Megan good

http://i42.tinypic.com/ogl5z8.jpg

Aaliyah

soultrain.com/.../Aaliyah.jpg

Gabrielle Union

img2.timeinc.net/.../gabrielle-union-600x800.jpg

• They don't really exist in America. The blacks there aren't purely blacks like some parts of Africa is because they got irish, german, scottish or George Washington's blood :p

• Like 90% of American blacks are mixed. Whether their great great grandparents were white, that's still a mixed heritage. However, they're still black. Beyonces mom is mixed, but her dad is fully black, that makes Beyoncé black. Without all of the weave and makeup, she looks like any other black woman. Rihanna is from the Islands, many Africans were brought to the islands; Central and South America during the slave trade. There's plenty of beautiful all black celebs and Keri Hilson... is she still relevant?

• Did you know that the average African-American has 75% purely African DNA. It's rare to find a purely black person in America.

• Lupita Nyong'o, at least I think she's full black.

• Hello one drop rule. They're still black. Lupita is 100% black. Any American is mixed with something especially black American.

• That's society...