Tips for my first outdoor rock concert?

im 19 and on Saturday i will be attending my first ever outdoor rock concert, I've been to 4 concerts before but they were in indoor middle sized venues. This time im going to an all day rock concert in the middle of a huge park, im going with 3 friends (2 girls and a guy) I am the youngest out of the group and feel as if i need some sort of guidance to survive this concert without losing my friends or getting hurt.
Any tips? advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• SUNBLOCK. Also make sure you have your phone charged all the way and have a predetermined meeting place with your friends if you get separated. It's not too much different from an indoor show really. I guess I'd also recommend dressing in layers and knowing the weather report for the duration of the show so you're not too hot or cold, or wet if it rains. I saw Wu-Tang Clan and Rage Against the Machine outdoors in a straight downpour in 1997 when I was about your age, and it was one of the best times of my life👍 Also be careful because fights can break out either during the show or if you're hanging out in parking lots. Get away from any of that stuff so you don't get hurt. I saw some girl just narrowly miss taking an errant thrown beer bottle dead in the face once, and she was just standing there watching. Just make it a point to stay with your friends, and watch out for creepy dudes, etc. Have fun!

What Guys Said 5

• wot songs would u play? i have some suggestions for encore :D

• There will be high security and very strict rules/regulations there. More than you could ever want. So, there is nothing to worry about. Who are the bands?

• If its running all day, then wear sunscreen and sun glasses. Drink lots of water and keep alcohol consumption to a minimal. Make sure you have a meeting place if you get separated.

• Make sure your phones are charged that way y'all can find each other when it's over, have a spot to meet up at if seperated. As for getting hurt, prolly just stay away from the mosh pit if there is one

• Wear something sexayyyy, go with friends and have fun! But don't drink. Or if you are, don't drink much.

What Girls Said 4

• Outdoors?

- Wear sunscreen.
    - Wear comfortable clothing that will neither be too warm or too cold.
    - Bring a backpack that shuts securely so people can't get into it when they bump you in the crowd, but also big enough to store things in (Like if you buy merch, or if you bring a sweatshirt along for when it gets later and potentially colder).
    - Wear comfortable shoes, and deal with the fact you'll probably have weird shoe tan-lines because it's better to have your feet covered than exposed and liable to be stepped on in fancy pants sandals.
    - Stay hydrated.
    - If someone wants to do something you don't want to do, pair off. There are four of you, two people can go do that thing while two of you hang back and wait or do something else.
    - Keep cell phones charged, so you can keep in contact if you DO get totally isolated.
    - Don't be afraid to miss a set or a song if you're feeling woozy and need to sit in the shade. Outdoor concerts can get very crowded and overwhelming, sometimes you just need a minute.

• Wear lots of layers because it will get very cold at night. Pick a place to meet up if you get separated. Remember to drink water (lots of it, too) because dehydration is a big worry at festivals.

• drink lots of water if it'll be day time.

• Just hold hands and stay together!