Why is everyone against me being atheist?

Every time I'm asked what religion I'm I believe in I say that I'm atheist and I seem to get a bad wrap, or their try to make me believe what they believe in.

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably because you are in the united states. Move to sweden and people would think you are pretty weird for NOT being and atheist or agnostic.

• I am from the United States, I didn't know that so many atheists were in Sweden. What's a agnostic?

• There's pretty much no native swedes that's religious. I'm mainly immigrants who's religious here.

An agnostic is a person who simply says "I don't know and I don't claim to know either".
      An agnostic is one who believes it impossible to know anything about God or about the creation of the universe and refrains from commitment to any religious doctrine. An atheist is one who denies the existence of a deity or of divine beings.

• Well today i gain a huge respect for the people of Sweden. Thanks for the information it was really helpful.

What Girls Said 3

• Just don't tell them then.

• I have that same problem, some people just don't understand and think that you are "evil" when really we just lack belief or don't believe in God. My mom told my grandparents and now they make me read religious book and articles about how bad atheists are :(

• People are afraid of what they don't know.

What Guys Said 8

• It's because they don't want to even consider the possibility of that their parents had been lying to them for several years or decades.

• Haha that's funny, yea most people try really hard to convert me to blah blah blah

• some people r religious zealots... ignore em :)

• For the same reason people get crap for being Christian, or Muslim, or Jewish etc.
    A lot of people are jerks, and no one likes someone who challenges their beliefs.
    People need to learn to defend their faith or lack thereof with respect.

• Why do you even both, you are intitaled to your own views and believes

• Atheists do the same thing to me on deviantart.

• My parents are very very Christian but they told me to treat everyone of every life style the same

• I've never had that happen, even in Texas. Are you trying to convince them that they are wrong?

• Nope never, why should I care about other people religions. Are you an atheist?

• It really depends on were you live in some parts of the country if you are religious you are viewed as a bigot. Stay true to you self thats all that counts.