Men can't be attention whores?

Something I've notice a lot in threads that no matter the reason a girl posts a "what do you think about my looks" there's always a few people who will call you a attention whore or a show off. I know I am proud that I have shed 60 lbs in over 4 years, but I still feel I'm a work in progress. I'm sure others feel the same, since we don't know everyone's story.
But sometimes you see model like men do it and they're never called attention whores?
why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of guys and a lot of girls also can have double standards. They feel like nothing they do is wrong or should be looked at as wrong but if someone else does the same thing they attack them for it. Don't worry about people like that and do what you feel is right for yourself. You should be proud of your accomplishments. That's your body and your pictures, you're allowed to do what you want.

• This is what I'm trying to explain. Why do some people feel like being negative? What do they get out of it?

• I'm not too concerned with my situation, but I think it's strange that grown men think it's ok to tear down any female they see but don't have the guts to do it to another male? Or the same issue with females.

• Believe it or not, a lot of men are more afraid of what other men think of them rather than other women. It's the need to feel accepted.

What Guys Said 8

• I know men who can be attention whores. Just think of all those guys on facebook who post something like "Pssh yeah, just worked out. Lifted some weights, bruh" with a picture of them shirtless. Maybe they aren't called attention whores explicitly, but everyone know the simple truth in their hearts...
    Just as women use cleavage, men try to use abs.

• Anyone can be an attention whore...

• Yes both men and women can be attention whores

• They can be.

• Lots of guys crave attention, personally I dislike it since I'm reserved.

• NOBODY should be an attention whore.

• I can tell you are an attention whore because of your profile picture. I personally don't give a fuck about what people think

• It's good that your honest at your age.

• Hahaha, don't expect me to say it in a more mature way. I am a blunt person, when I am online because you can't read emotions online.

• I don't expect anything from you.

• They can be thirsty horndogs

What Girls Said 4