The title may be a little confusing but i was thinking about this today. So with most people telling others they desire to remain a virgin they usually just say "i'm remaining a virgin till after marriage". I think about 90% of those people would think that person needs to "loosen up" and lose it or call them a prude and tease them about it a bit. But the other 10% would respect that and be alright with it. Now if someone said "i'm remaining a virgin until after marriage, because of my religion". i think around 90% of people would be proud of that person or something like that and they would respect their wish. then the other 10% would tease them about it.
This question might be a little confusing but I think this is true in my opinion. So saying "i'm remaining a virgin until marriage" people think your a prude apparently but then saying "i'm remaining a virgin until marriage, because of my religion" people automatically respect your decision.
Want i want to know is if people agree with me on this or not. Again this might be worded a little confusingly but you get my point.
- i agree with this58% (14)18% (5)37% (19)Vote
- i don't agree with this25% (6)64% (18)46% (24)Vote
- i have no views on this17% (4)18% (5)17% (9)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
I almost want to say I respect the girl who is saving herself for non religious reasons more.
First I just want to say, I believe in balance, so I think one night stands and sleeping around is extreme but waiting until marraige is also extreme. Extremes are not ideal in my opinion regardless of what side they are on.
That being said I think there's a lot of pressure for girls to have sex so if a girl for whatever reason wants to save her virginity until marraige I think it's impressive from a standpoint of dedication not giving into pressure, and standing up for what you believe in even if most people disagree. I think that's admirable, maybe foolish but definitely respectable.
The reason why might I respect the non religious girl more is because the religious girl is mostly doing it because she HAS To. She's just following the orders of her religion/holy book. The non-religious girl is more likely to being doing it because of her own orders, SOLEY because she WANTS TO.
either way tho I wouldn't want to wait until marraige but I wouldn't tease either of them. I really do think it's impressive for a girl to resist the urge to have sex especially since guys are constantly pressuring you to sleep with them.1