Would the 2 possible ways of saying "i'm saying a virgin till marriage" affect your views on that person?

The title may be a little confusing but i was thinking about this today. So with most people telling others they desire to remain a virgin they usually just say "i'm remaining a virgin till after marriage". I think about 90% of those people would think that person needs to "loosen up" and lose it or call them a prude and tease them about it a bit. But the other 10% would respect that and be alright with it. Now if someone said "i'm remaining a virgin until after marriage, because of my religion". i think around 90% of people would be proud of that person or something like that and they would respect their wish. then the other 10% would tease them about it.
This question might be a little confusing but I think this is true in my opinion. So saying "i'm remaining a virgin until marriage" people think your a prude apparently but then saying "i'm remaining a virgin until marriage, because of my religion" people automatically respect your decision.
Want i want to know is if people agree with me on this or not. Again this might be worded a little confusingly but you get my point.

• i agree with this
  • i don't agree with this
  • i have no views on this

Most Helpful Guy

• I almost want to say I respect the girl who is saving herself for non religious reasons more.

First I just want to say, I believe in balance, so I think one night stands and sleeping around is extreme but waiting until marraige is also extreme. Extremes are not ideal in my opinion regardless of what side they are on.

That being said I think there's a lot of pressure for girls to have sex so if a girl for whatever reason wants to save her virginity until marraige I think it's impressive from a standpoint of dedication not giving into pressure, and standing up for what you believe in even if most people disagree. I think that's admirable, maybe foolish but definitely respectable.

The reason why might I respect the non religious girl more is because the religious girl is mostly doing it because she HAS To. She's just following the orders of her religion/holy book. The non-religious girl is more likely to being doing it because of her own orders, SOLEY because she WANTS TO.

either way tho I wouldn't want to wait until marraige but I wouldn't tease either of them. I really do think it's impressive for a girl to resist the urge to have sex especially since guys are constantly pressuring you to sleep with them.

What Guys Said 17

• I think the people that will call you a prude already assume you're doing it for religious reasons. I wouldn't make fun of them or think less of them but it's not something I'm going to do because I think it's a bad idea. You're hosed if you two aren't compatible in bed. I think the same people that respect the religious reasons respect both and the ones that make fun of it or say prude will do so with the religious reasons as well. Also in the U. S. it's not popular to be religious as it once was.

• I see where you are going the perception who save themselves for marriage because of non religious reasons. I think there is a growing respect for girls who make this choice for strong independent reasons.

• 0|0
  • Honestly, I would think that they would get more derision for mentioning religion in this day and age...

I would think well of them either way, because so few people actually do this anymore.

• Honestly I respect em, I am a virgin as well waiting until marriage for both religious and personal reasons. But I don't care whether people respect me or make fun of me for my choice, at the end of the day it's my choice and one I am sticking with.

• I somewhat agree with it (not totally) only if the marriage wasn't rushed. My reason for that aren't religious reasons but because at that point and time, you and your partner most likely have already made up your minds with what you want in the relationship (like children or other huge costs). However, if they never plan on getting married at all and just stay as very close boyfriend and girlriend couples for a very long time and know what they want, then that's fine too.

• So, you are saying if a girl just says she's waiting til marriage for no reason, someone is going to tell her that she's a prude? But if she says she's doing it because of religion she is respected for it? No I don't think that is the case for how I think, and I don't see other people saying this. Maybe it's girls saying that to other girls?

• personally i;d respect their decision... although i've altready lost my virginity

• 'but then saying "i'm remaining a virgin until marriage, because of my religion" people automatically respect your decision.'

I disagree with this. It just adds salt to the wound. No interest in sex AND religious, two major red flags.

• to me it´s all the same. i won´t date both of them and i don´t think religion legitimates things that are otherwise "strange".

• People are getting less religious. Both answers are pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure why I keep seeing this on the site because I've met maybe two people my entire life who have said this.

People who wait until marriage to have sex are strange and incredibly naive.

• I disagree. People don't seem to have a problem when I say I'm not interested outside a committed relationship. No religious motive.

• Both are their own choice, and neither of them I agree with, but whatevs.

• A lot of people respect it regarding a person so I have no idea what you are talking about in reality anyways. :)

• I completely disagree. I would respect the first ones views. Their sexuality is their own and they are entitled to wait for a compatible person. The person that is letting their religion rule their life I would lose respect for. While I don't make fun of people for their faith, I do lose respect for people denying who they really are because of what some people wrote in a book thousands of years ago. Personal freedom is very important to me. Someone restricting their own free will because of religion I have trouble respecting.

• I hear that and think "she will be a virgin for life."

• I think they are kinda a prude wether it's for religion or not, because sex before marriage (like any other sin), is forgivable according to the Bible.

What Girls Said 11

• I don't think most people judge you for it, it's all about how you carry yourself. I'm a virgin still and i'm not having sex until i'm married and i'm open about it, it's not an issue for me, I even joke about it.

I've had men tell me things like that though, telling me I should loosen up, that i'm missing out or that I should experience things etc. but I don't listen to bullshit from guys who just want to fuck me and think they're going to get on me by telling me how I should be lol.

I just point on to them that i'm not really uptight at all and when I start having sex I want to experience all types of things, so not only are they being pushy but they're completely wrong about me.

• If someone's remaining a virgin until marriage, I pretty much assume it's because of religion. There's of course a few exceptions to that, but generally that assumption tends to be accurate. So I'd say I view both statements the same.

• I think it is accurate. I'm not a big fan of sex after marriage though myself, because I believe sexually compatibility will play a part in the marriage and if you don't know if you are sexually compatible it could very well cause some post-marital issues. a lot of people feel they would like to save their V-Card for the right person so they don't get hurt, but typically the first person you have sex with will not be the last, and there is a good chance of that even if you DO wait until marriage. 50% of all marriages end in divorce, so you probably won't be with just one special person for the rest of your life.

• While that is true that 50% rarely ever has to do with compatibility sexually, it often has to do with getting married right out of high school, or to early in a relationship, and not being educated enough or financially able to provide for a wife or family or getting married due to getting pregnant. Among other things and in this day and age those things are increasing at an alarming rate.

• Not really but I understand why they would say that because everyone's fucking like rabbits around her and getting herpes or whatever or being pregnant and due to their religious upbringing.

• It's their choices but personally, I don't date people that want to save themselves for marriage whether it's due to religion or not. However, I'm ok with waiting for a relationship.

• I voted C. It's their choice and theirs alone. Who are we to judge whether or not they want to keep their virginity until marriage?

• I think most people automatically assume that they're abstaining for religious purposes, but I always feel like if I tell someone I'm waiting they'll think I have a 'Holier than Thou' attitude.

• I think regardless of the reason most people want the person in question to "relax".
    When I say I'd like to remain a virgin people literally roll their eyes and go on a speech about how wrong I am to do so.

• Makes no difference to me.

• I don't know if I agree, I respect their decision about remaining a virgin until marriage, since it's not my body. But I don't understand it, I lose respect for the person and I honestly don't feel like associating with them.

• i agree with this.