When ground beef is done cooking?

Do you take it off the heat completely? My grandma drives me nuts because she puts it on low heat and thinks it just keeps it warm... but its heat. it continues to cook!

Most Helpful Girl

• Take it off the heat.

What Girls Said 4

• Usually I try to time my meals so that eerything is ready at the same time. Then you avoid the whole keep warm/burn the bottom debacle.

• My mom does that with everything she cooks, it's annoying but oh well when i'm at her house, it's her stove so she can do what she wants lol

• when its completely done cooking you take it off but if its on low heat thats fine

• Make sure it isn't red and your good

What Guys Said 5

• i flaten it wid my feet 1st... then put it on da oven 8)

• See... bad grammar, not just a different sentence structure

• sentence structure... not gr***r

• Oh man that will drive me crazy. If its on the eye it will continue to cook, especially on electric stoves.
    I take mine off completely because it will burn.

• i prefer to be a vegeterian

• You can cook it just like a steak. A little pink is rare, fully brown is well done. Depends on personal tastes.

• I either take it off the heat, or I turn the heat off before it is done cooking and let the heat still in the pan finish cooking it. Even if you take it out of the pan the heat in the meat can continue to cook it for some time. This is why it is so hard to get a steak cooked properly.

Despite everyone talking about how great home cooked meals use to be, most old recipes were actually really bad. There wasn't as many different ways to learn to cook available. Just consider how many more recipes and cooking tips you can find online than they ever could have learned from a cook book back then. Meaning most older people that cook don't do a very good job at it.