Should I take this to offense?

I was at lunch and this girl comes up to me and says, "hey my friend in the striped shirt says you're really cute." I said, "tell him he's cute too." She told him and he came over and we were talking and it was almost time to go and he said, "but yeah you're really cute. They'd sell you really high in the slave market." I looked at him weirdly and he said "its a compliment." Yes he's white. Lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm gonna try and not be the angry black guy here but, yeah that was pretty bad. I'm going to try and give the guy a benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't intend for that to be the worst joke or worst way to flirt ever. But, I would defiantly make sure he doesn't make another joke like that again.

What Guys Said 8

• that was really rude sorry :/

• Racist jokes rarely make good compliments.
    I wouldn't be offended. But I wouldn't be interested in knowing him better.

• No don't be offended... Just think of him as not very good with words lol

• I can't believe he would even think saying that was ok and would come off funny or flirty. I don't care if he is under 18 that's bad.

• Are you white or black?

• I think it sounds like a twisted sense of humour, but it is a little offensive to say to a stranger yes.

If he knew you well and you knew he was joking fair enough.

• yes.

he called you a prostitute.

• he probably has links to child trafficers... I say stay away from him and keep a sharp pencil on you just in case.

• That's... not so cute. I wouldn't care if he considered it a compliment...

What Girls Said 4

• Please tell me you're not black.
    That's pretty rude if you are, and just a really weird sense of humor if you're not :/?

• Yeaa, I am

• God, then yeah that's pretty insensitive!
      It's probably just because he's a dumb high schooler, but if you two keep talking watch for more of that 'humor' and decide for yourself if you're ok with jokes like that.

• Well, that's weird.

• Thats racist.

• i dont think you should.