Thinking about getting a medium sized dog what should I get?

0|0
9|3

Most Helpful Girl

• You should check out a local high kill shelter. These dogs sometimes only have 5 days to be adopted and if not, they're put down.

I think no-kill shelters are great (which they are, haha) but an adoption from a high kill shelter is really making an impact.

5|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• 1|2
    0|0
    • Yes!! I have one of those and he is the best dog! And they are damn smart! MHO right here!! Lol

• Show All
    • @CommieDearest haha if asker can get a rescued border collie, that would be really great. A good home to a dog and a happy owner, is the way to go! Agreed! Smart dogs make the best dogs ; )

• Asker- a Rottweiler passing away from old age hasn't got anything to do with handling a dog. They need exercise, a good diet and some tender loving care. The dog will be very happy.

• I really recommend going to your local shelter and seeing who you click with. As for medium size dogs, I've always liked beagles... but mutts are great.

2|1
    0|0
  • Get an Akita! Big, but SOOO cute! He just turned 3!

http://oi60.tinypic.com/ilf19v.jpg

2|1
    0|0
    • awwww omg! :) So cute! <3

• Show All
    • Looks soo fluffy :p lol

• Yeah! He's not actually that big. I can still feel his ribs. It's all hair. When he drinks water, he gets this water beard! So cute

• Check at your local shelters. They have great dogs of all sizes who need homes. Also, they don't cost much out of pocket. But if you want a specific breed, check your local newspaper for trusted breeders or Petfinder. com. You can find some great dogs there too.

3|0
    0|0
  • Definitely go to a shelter if you can, mainly a kill one if you have them there. I've adopted so many dogs from there and they're amazing, they're up to date on shots, used to being in a kennel so they appreciate you more, they're spayed/neutered and you would be saving one. I wouldn't get too caught up on a specific bread, go look at a shelter or even online on a shelter website and see if you fall in love with one of them, that's way better then thinking you need a certain breed.

1|0
    0|0
  • Get a pug. Not medium-sized I know but they're so damn funny to look at

0|1
    0|0
  • Get a cat instead

0|0
    2|0
    • Lol I don't think a being a single guy with a cat would look to well the girls

• Show All
    • I love that my boyfriend has cats. His main lady before me was a cat, and I found it really attractive and cute.

• That's how I get food to eat I hunt and grow my own food

• German shepherd.

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• One that doesn't have a million health problems.

1|2
    0|0
  • Border Collies, Blue/Red healers, Australian Shepherds/ Cattle Dog. Small Labradors, Boxer?(I think they are cute and they can be pretty small) Dingos are cool :) English Shepherd, Siberian husky.

Or just get a Shiba Inu haha >.<
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../Shiba_inu_taiki.jpg</a>

0|0
    0|0
  • Labrador retriever

0|1
    0|0