I chose finance as my major with a minors in biology. Is that a good degree in terms of career after graduation?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am just having trouble seeing how bio and finance relate? But seems like you can make it work... People have bad things to say about any degree, just follow your heart and don't give up on yourself.

I have a degree in philosophy and psychology and run my own business, after everyone told me that I wouldn't be able to do anything with those degrees. I always knew I would though and didn't listen to idiots who had no insight (probably due to a lack of philosophical thinking)

• Well Finance for my main 4 yr degree and the bio was more in terms for admissions to graduate school.

Thank you :)

• My advice would be to have a minor which compliments the major, however, that is by no means necessary and is up to you to be creative and determined! Goodluck :)

What Guys Said 6

• Finance for sure. Business will never stop needing people who can manage money. And with some biology on the side you could maybe get a foot in the door at a company who does something with that field?

• Yup as long as you have connections.

• Sure, you'll end up in the pharmaceutical industry being a manager or some such.

• Finance for sure. But, the biology minor doesn't make much sense paired with it.

• Yes. Businesses will always need people to manage the money, and if you ever decide you want to do something else, the biology minor will give you a foundation for that.

• As long as the program is accredited so you can get any required certification, should be fine.

What Girls Said 2

• it is an extremely good career!!

• i think it is.