Guys, for those of you that are well off financially, would you consider dating someone who was a lower class financially than you?

Let's say you were upper class making $300,000 a year... would you date a girl from a middle class family that made $50,000 a year?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea of course, if we clicked, had that spark, made me laugh, for sure, souls definatley have a partner regardless of their status symbol

What Guys Said 19

• Sure. It's all about the spark and connection.

Some people make too much about the money... be who you are. When we got married had little, then we had the BIG $$$. So much so I literally had no time to spend it. I almost lost everything that was valuable like family etc...

So now I cut back a little have the family and it's all working out. Focus on the relationship. Money comes and goes... But you got to have some to live on!

• if I like her personality and she hasn't slept around then yes. However if she's one of those girls who hooks up with guys at parties/clubs then no way. I'm not going to be the higher earner AND the more modest one in the relationship. I'd want her to be at least equally as modest as me.

• Uhhh... why does it matter?

• I would because I come from a lower class family and know, from experience, that you either find someone who's real, honest, and a real keeper and not your everyday ho on the block.

Now on the flip side, I can't date a rich person cause from experience, they're stuck up assholes.

• well for one thing, you won't find many people with that kind of income on GaG... but if i were making that much money, your income would be fairly meaningless to me. It would be important to me though that you were working in some fashion, so i at least know that you know the value of a dollar

• My parents both pull in maybe fifty grand a year each *shrugs* (nobody wants to teach in Alaska soooo)
    So we're pretty comfortable. Not 300 grand a year comfortable, but comfortable.
    Anyway, her income status would have nothing to do with my affection for her, as long as she isn't stupid about money.

• As long as she is educated and have a good mentality. Her financial wealth is irrelevant. (ofc being under loans is a bad sigh of personality)

• So student loans for college is a bad sign of personality? I'm just curious.

• I said loan"s". and I said it is a bad sign.
      As to the fact that some people are just taking money and financially stuck because of their massive spending on things they do not even need. In other words it makes me check and double check if the person does have the feel of responsibility about money.

• As long as it was possible for me to support her and the whole family in future and that her I like her and her family otherwise, why should I have an issue at all. I have a decent professional job. My wife does not work; never did. We are ok.

• As long as she's a match and didn't know about my wealth. Any gold digger would take advantage with that you'd have to be careful

• Just because you earn a lot of money doesn't mean you're in the upper class. Infact you're more likely to be working class or middle class

• I would highly prefer it. No income would be even better.

• so basically a woman that has no other means of independence and survival skills in the real world that'll allow her to make a living then?

• She wouldn't have to worry about that. I would be taking care of all her needs.

• I can't say but I have made $50,000 a year and dated women who were dirt poor.

• I don't think any guy would care about what financial class a girl is coming from.

• I'll Turn the same question to you, asker.

• If she wasn't after my money, yes XD.

• Of course not lol just worried he's out of my league...

• You're good, if you both really like each other, I see no problem.

• I don't care about money. Though I would never date a girl who cared that much about money.

• Men aren't as bent out of shape as women are over this.

Long and short of it, a man generally would date a poorer woman, and a woman generally would not date a poorer man.

That said, you'd better be fucking hot and have an amazing personality.

• Well, I'm not and never will be. I imagine if I were, I'd have to be wary of gold-diggers. Wouldn't say no, though.

• Yes. I would date a woman who makes much less money than me because I don't want my future wife to have to work so it doesn't matter how much she makes. If she wants to work that's her choice and I'm perfectly ok with it but I'm fine with my her staying home